Spectacular Trekking in Perú: Alpamayo base camp circuit (10 Days)
This trek offers the most spectacular mountain scenery and lakes on the Alpamayo Base Camp Circuit, but is a condensed version of our classic long 12 day complete Alpamayo Circuit trek. The trek features views of the stunning pyramid shaped Alpamayo, once voted to be the most beautiful mountain in the world and then the crystal blue lake Cullicocha nestled at the base of Santa Cruz Mountain.
Sometimes called the Los Cedros Trek, this is a unique trails following a number of high passes from the west of the Cordillera Blanca into the heart of the northern sections of this exceptional mountain range. The route begins in the hamlet of Hualcayan passing over the huge western walls of the Blanca. There are a number of ways to complete the route, taking one of the earlier exits out of the mountains or circling Alpamayo and coming back in the eastward direction through the Santa Cruz Valley.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport Huaraz to Hualcayan, and return from Vaqueria in a private vehicle
- Professional certified guide - AGPM - IFMGA
- Professional outdoor cook
- Donkeys or llamas and porters where applicable
- Full camping and kitchen equipment. Complete food
- kitchen tent, mess tent, two-people tents, tables, chairs, and bathroom tent
- First aid kit stocked for wilderness expedition
- Information and specific recommendations before the trekking
- Permanent assistance of the agency throughout the duration of your stay
What's excluded :
- International flights and applicable airport taxes
- Accommodation and meals in Lima & Huaraz
- Line Bus transportation Lima – Huaraz – Lima
- Acclimatization program preceding this trek
- Personal clothing and equipment (such good shoes, a small back pack, clothes, sleeping bag and pad, etc.
- Incidental personal expenditures, including emergency evacuations and medical expenditures
- Insurance: personal travel, high mountain and/or medical insurance
- Day 1: Huaraz / Hualcayan village.- Our team will pick you up from your hotel after breakfast and start heading out for our 5 hour comfortable van ride heading north to the village of Hualcayan village situated at 9,514ft / 2900m where our donkeys and Arrieros will be waiting for us. Overnight at our camp at Hualcayan.
Day 2: Hualcayan / Wishcash.- After breakfast we begin our continuous climb up a “switch back” trail from the village of Hualcayan to Wishcash 14,108 ft / 4300m hiking for approximately 4 to 5 hours. Overnight at our camp at Wishcash.
Day 3: Wishcash / Ruinapampa.- From Wishcash we continue our trek ascending to the spectacular lake Laguna Cullicocha 15,912ft / 4850m where we cross our first high Pass named Osoruri 15,584ft / 4750m. From this beautiful high pass, we begin our long descent to our next camp at Ruinapampa 12,467 ft / 3800m.
Day 4: Ruinapampa / Cruze Alpamayo A fairly easy relaxed day trekking while ascending easily up the valley to our next camp at Cruze Alpamayo 13,615ft / 4150m. This day includes approximately 3 - 4 hours of hiking.
Day 5: Cruze Alpamayo / Day Rest This can be an optional day on the trek so as to spend an additional night at our Cruze Alpamayo camp to just chill-out appreciating the superb views of Alpamayo.
Day 6: Cruze Alpamayo / Safuna or Huilca.- hike as we ascend up to the windswept Paso Cara Cara 15,846ft / 4830m from where we capture even more breathtaking panoramic views of Alpamayo and the surrounding lakes. before descending to our next camp at Laguna Safuna 13,780ft / 4200m.
Day 7: Safuna or Huilca / Jancapampa From Laguna Safuna or Huilca we ascend to Paso Pucajirca 15,092ft / 4600m as we next camp in the grassy valley of Jancapampa 11,811ft / 3600m which we’ll reach after approximately a 7 hour hike.
Day 8: Jancapampa / Huecrococha This eighth day we pass by several Quechua farming communities with their sheep and livestock as we continue our ascent up to our next Paso Tupatupa 14,436ft / 4400m before descending to our next camp alongside Laguna Huecrococha 12,959ft /3950m which we reach after approximately 7 hours.
Day 9: Huecrococha / Tuctubamba.- we ascend up to Paso Alto de Pucaraju 15,256ft / 4650m from where we are treated to an absolutely stunning panoramic views of mount Taulliraju, the majestic massif spiraling to 19,127ft / 5830m before we begin our steep descent to our next camp at the peaceful Tuctubamba valley 13,944ft / 4250m.
Day 10: Tuctubamba / Vaqueria/ Huaraz.- we will start going down for about 3 hour half and 30 minutes for go up to vaqueria where our private bus will be waiting for us ,then transport to Huaraz . Before to llanganuco lake we will arrive to portachuelo pass at 4,800m.
Departure Point :I pick up at your hotel, previous prior coordination with You
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 6 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.