Soweto and Apartheid Museum Day Tour
Read articles, watch video clips, look at artifacts & listen sound clips of detailed summary showcasing the Apartheid Era timeline in the well documented Apartheid Museum.
Drive & stop past iconic landmarks in Soweto through the township houses including the Orlando Towers, Klip Town Square Freedom Charter, Nelson Mandela House Museum, Desmond Tutu House & the Hector Pieterson Memorial.
The Vilakazi street craft market has a variety of vendors with different gifts to choose from.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Live commentary on board
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Lunch - available for purchase at 12 noon
- Entry/Admission - Apartheid Museum
- Entry/Admission - Mandela House
- Entry/Admission - Sakhumzi Restaurant
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Apartheid Museum, Northern Park Way and Gold Reef Rd, Johannesburg 2001 South Africa
A detailed 2hr self-reading experience through the well-curated Apartheid Museum for the 1st part of the morning.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hector Pieterson Memorial, Hector Pieterson Square, Soweto, Johannesburg South Africa
An overview summary briefing of the historical site from a local Sowetan site guide. A breakdown of the symbolic structures & what they represent & what life is like today for the average Sowetan.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mandela House, 8115 Orlando West Street, Soweto, Johannesburg 1804 South Africa
The Soweto Mandela House bears a lot of the struggle era stories that shed light on his life with his first wife Evelyne & then Winnie. Detailed information is shared by the enthusiastic site guides who will walk you through the different parts of the house.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: FNB Stadium, Nasrec, Johannesburg South 2147, Johannesburg South Africa
An outside photo opportunity at this massive historical stadium that boasts a 95 000 seated fan capacity was home to the World Cup 2010 Soccer tournament.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Sakhumzi Restaurant, 6980 Vilakazi St, Orlando West, Soweto, 1804, South Africa
An opportunity to taste a true Africa cuisine buffet. Experience real Southern African flavours of your favourite beef, chicken, lamb & even tripe.
Add from a large selection of green sides, salads and end it with deserts like Malva Pudding or Ice Creams.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Baragwanath Medical Centre, 8103, Bara Mall, Bara Road, Diepkloof, Johannesburg, 1860, South Africa
A look at the 3rd largest hospital in the world and brief narration on the role it plays for the Soweto residents & international medical research academics.
Stop At: Orlando Towers, Soweto, Johannesburg South Africa
The old electricity power station was converted into a bungee jumping, entertainment facility & restaurant.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please make use of the provided cellphone number to communicate a night before the day of your activity. Opportunities to buy hand made craft items at markets in Soweto will be available.Wear comfortable walking sneakers, sunscreen & a hat or cap is recommended.Eat before the tour to get you more time to see things.Airports
- Johannesburg Intl Airport, Johannesburg South Africa
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/1/2020 - 1/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.