Southern Coast Highlights from Wadduwa
(SKU: LK60330600) This tour has 2 of the unique experiences in the south coast of Sri Lanka. The tour includes Handunugoda Tea Factory, which is one of the only tea factories in Sri Lanka that is located closer to the beach, and a guided tour of the Fort of Galle, its ramparts and parts of the original town that have importance.
per adult from
10 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffeur Guide,
- Lunch at a Local Restaurant.
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person,
- Hotel Pick & Drop,
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
What's excluded :
- Meals where not specified,
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Handunugoda Tea Estate
- Entry/Admission - Galle Fort
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Handunugoda Tea Estate, Handunugoda Rd Tittagalla, Ahangama 80650 Sri Lanka
You will be picked up at your hotel in Colombo at 0700 hrs. Ensure that you bring a packed breakfast with you if you are unable to have your meal at the hotel.
You will reach your first destination, Handunugoda Tea Factory by approximately 0930 hrs. (Travel Time 1 ½ to 2 hrs)
Handunugoda Factory is famous for its Virgin White Tea, which is one of the most expensive teas in the world. The tea is plucked and made without being touched by humans, partially following an ancient Chinese tea plucking ritual. You will be guided around the factory and given an opportunity to try and buy Virgin White Tea, along with many other tea types. Handunugoda is also one of the only tea factories in Sri Lanka which is close to the coast.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Galle Fort, Church Street, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
Galle’s natural harbor has long been a hub of trade dating back to ancient times. The accidental arrival of the Portuguese Lorenzo de Almeida in 1505, when his fleet of ships steered off course following a storm at sea,changed the history of this island nation. The Portuguese were followed by the Dutch and then the British in 1796. With each occupation,Galle’s landscape changed and the cultural influences remained.Galle Fort covers nearly four sq. km's and is protected by 12 bastions and connecting ramparts.
Wander the maze of narrow cobblestone paved roadways lined with colonial period buildings still in use and old merchant houses where generations of Moorish families still live.Take a walk along the sturdy ramparts looking out to sea and visit colonial period churches,the lighthouse, and museums. Along the way, stop by for a cup of Ceylon Tea or fresh king coconut.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
your hotel in wadduwa
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.