Southampton Excursion: Pre-Cruise Tour from London to Southampton via Stonehenge
Leave your central London hotel for your cruise departure at Southampton Port, stopping to visit Stonehenge on the way! The prehistoric stone circle, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, sits roughly half-way between London and Southampton, making it an ideal stop before your cruise. Explore this intriguing monument at leisure, pondering its many mysteries before arriving at Southampton Port.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- One-way shared transfer by luxury coach
- Services of a friendly tour manager
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Baggage storage
- Entry to Stonehenge
- Entry/Admission - Stonehenge
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stonehenge, Amesbury SP4 7DE England
Leave your central London or Heathrow hotel by luxury coach and relax on the journey west, passing through London’s busy urban metropolis and into the peaceful Wiltshire countryside.
While traveling, your tour manager will give you some insights into Wiltshire’s most intriguing relic – Stonehenge – and explain a few of the theories about the building of this Megalithic stone circle.
After traveling for roughly 1.5 hours, arrive at Stonehenge and spend time exploring this incredible site independently. While strolling around this UNESCO World Heritage Site, ponder the tales your tour manager told you earlier, and make up your own mind about how and why it came to stand. Was it built as an astrological observatory, or was it perhaps intended as a sacred burial place? How did the gigantic Sarsen stones get to the site when no machinery existed to transport them?
At the pre-arranged time, meet your tour manager back on the coach and then relax on the journey to Southampton on England’s coast. Your guide will drop you off right outside Southampton cruise terminal in time for your cruise.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: International Friends, 229 Great Portland Street, London W1W 5PN England
Tour with International Friends
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
On select dates, due to large events taking place in Central London we may not be able to offer certain pick ups. Please contact us before booking to check we can offer a drop off at your selected hotel on these dates; London Marathon: 28th AprilThe Prudential Bike Ride London: 4th August We offer a pick up from any London city centre hotel, Airbnb property and selected Heathrow Airport hotels. London city centre pick ups begin at 07:00am, and Heathrow airport hotels pick up is between 9.00am and 9.45am. Unfortunately we are unable to collect from Heathrow airport terminals. On the morning of your departure please wait in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to your pick up time. Your tour guide or driver will come into the hotel to find you and will be holding a board reading "International Friends". If you are not staying in the hotel that you have selected as the meeting point, you must inform us of where you are staying so that we can contact you if necessary.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats must be requested in advance
- Wheelchair accessible but mustadvise the supplier in advance/ time of booking
- Important note regarding timings for 2021: Due to possible timed embarkation procedures for 2021 it may be necessary to amend slightly the advertised timings. This is to ensure guests arrive at the cruise terminal at their allocated embarkation time. If timed embarkation policies are introduced we will contact all customers prior to the your transfer to confirm your specific timings.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- 50% of all available seats will be left empty to ensure customer space and distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.