South Indian Home Cooking Session
“Keep calm and curry on”. India has a diverse palette and every 100 KMs the cuisine differs in presentation, taste and the ingredients used. If you are keen to explore Karnataka and Bengaluru through its cuisine then hop on this culinary journey, we will take the local transport to the markets, pick our fresh produce and take it back to our home chef who will guide you to stir up your very own Kannadiga “Oota” (Meal). We’ll end this delicious culinary journey with a finger licking meal served on a plantain leaf.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Traditional Indian Kitchen equipment
- Public Transportation (metro and tuk tuk)
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Alcoholic Beverages
- We take the local transport to a market where the locals shop and pick fresh produces. At the host's house, you learn how to cook a delicious traditional south Indian meal and relish the same on a plantain leaf.
• KR Market, Near Avenue Road-Mysore Road junction, Bengaluru 560002 India
• Panaka (Welcome Drink) - A flavorful cooling drink made from seasonal fruits, mixed with a hint of cardamom.
• Masala Vade - A crispy and savoury deep-fried fritter made from lentils and spices, popular street food of South Indian cuisine.
• Kosambari (South Indian Salad) - Kosambari is is a typical south Indian salad made from pulses and seasoned with mustard seeds.
• Soppina Palya - Soppina Palya is fresh spinach sautéed with lentils.
• Lemon Rice (called "Chitrana" in local language) - A rice-based dish prepared by mixing cooked rice with a special seasoning of mustard seeds, turmeric, peanuts, curry leaves and lemon juice.
• Sambhar & Rice - Also spelled "sambaar" is a lentil-based vegetable stew, cooked with tamarind broth; popular in South Indian and Sri Lankan cuisines served with rice.
• Shavige Payasa - A wheat noodle pudding flavored with Cardamom, saffron, raisins, cashew nuts, pistachios and almonds.
Departure Point :MG Road Metro Station, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001, India
Departure Time :5/17/2019 - 10/27/2021
Monday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.