South Crete - Matala
Visit one of the most historic monasteries, the holy patriarchal and sacropelic Monastery of Odigitria.
The Monastery of Odigitria is located on the mountainous massif of Asterousia Mountains in the south of the prefecture of Heraklion, which constitute the "Mount Athos" of Crete. The monastery includes a multitude of old chapels with remarkable frescoes.
After a short drive through the Messara plain you reach Matala. Known for the colony of hippies in the Sixties, where they lived in large holes formed on the mountain.The rocks are holes with a Roman burial. In Matala you will have time for a refreshing dip in the water, eat something or just enjoy a drink on the beach.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Odigitria Monastery
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to the caves of Matala 2 Euro
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Odigitria Monastery, Road from Kolimbari to Afrata, Kolymbari, Platanias, Crete 730 06 Greece
free time to discover the Monastery
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Matala, Matala, Crete
discover the fishermans village, stroll around the shops, visit the caves or have a nice bath in the sea, spend time on the beach
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1: Historical Museum of Crete, Leof. Sofokli Venizelou 27, Iraklio 712 02, Greece
2: I. Merineli 2, Iraklio 712 02, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up and drop-off from the main road, partly from the exit of hotels from Malia, Stalis, Hersonissos, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gouves, Gournes, Kokkini Chani, Heraklion, Ammoudara – Heraklion.After booking the tour operator will contact you within 24 hours with a detailed description of your pick-up point and time.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/12/2021 - 10/16/2021
Tuesday - Wednesday: 07:30 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 46 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- According to the proposals of the Greek Health Ministry we are following the rules! Hygiene is a priority and extra cleaning measures are available. At activities social distancing is maintained. All travelers are required to bring their own protective equipment and are prepared to use it
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.