South Coast Tuk Tuk Safari from Galle
(SKU: LK6H040100) This trip offers you the unique chance to explore the countryside of Galle in a three wheeler. Ride through the countryside in all its beauty. Explore a traditional village in Galle and its customs. Visit a Buddhist temple and participate in a meditation program. Go on a toddy tasting tour and learn more about some of the local industries. Finish off with some Sri Lankan sweets and tea.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport throughout the tour with a TukTuk ( Three Wheeler).
- Service of an English-Speaking Guide.
- Hotel pick & drop from your hotel in Galle.
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks.
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Entry/Admission - Galle Fort
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galle Fort, Church Street, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
The ride will take you through the countryside with its beautiful fields and colorful people, until you come to a quaint little village. You will drive through the village and its surrounding areas, giving you an overview of how its people live. Your tuk tuk will drop you off at this point, and you can get refreshed while you stop for a few minutes.
You'll then be whisked off on a bus ride to the nearest Buddhist Temple. There you'll meet a monk who will explain the basic tenements of Buddhism and lead you on a spiritual journey into meditation. You will learn techniques of self control and concentration. You will then be guided into a short meditation session where you calm your mind and senses.
Then you will be visiting some of the local industries such as cinnamon processing, paper and toddy making. You will be able to learn more about spices, how cinnamon bark is peeled and their qualities. In the paper industry you will see first hand, the process of creating paper from wood pulp.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Galle Road, Galle Rd, Galle, Sri Lanka
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.