South Coast: Glacier hike, waterfalls & Skyr factory tour
The South Coast is the home of glaciers, volcanoes, trolls and elves. It is also where the Vikings settled.
Most of the glaciers in Iceland are located on the South Coast and on this tour you get the chance to hike on one of them.
You also get the chance to visit the first Skyr factory in Iceland.
Skyr is the Icelandic yoghurt and it is what Vikings survived on during hard and cold winters. If it would not have been for the Icelandic Skyr, we would not have managed here.
Visit also 2 of Icelands most beautiful waterfalls and walk on the big and black beach surrounded by magnificent nature, trolls and rocks.
This tour is a small group tour with maximum 12 guests.
That makes it way more enjoyable to travel in and creates more personal experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - You will get the Skyr Mojito
- Snacks - Get to try many products made out of Skyr at the Skyr factory. When up on glacier you get hot chocolate and pastry
- Entry/Admission - Seljalandsfoss
- Entry/Admission - Skyrgerðin Café & Bistro
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Seljalandsfoss, Hella Iceland
This is the waterfall you can walk behind. On sunny days, you are able to she a rainbow shine when you stand behind it.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Skogafoss, Skogar Iceland
If you want to find the perfect waterfall, then this is it!
This is most travellers favourite waterfall in Iceland.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Solheimajokull Glacier, Vik Iceland
Finally! You are going glacier hiking! The hike itself takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
You will get hot chocolate and pastry when on glacier.
Solheimajokull is an outlet glacier from Icelands 4th largest glacier.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Reynisfjara Beach, Route 215, Vik Iceland
Reynisfjara is the one and only black sand beach! It has gotten famous for many movies been shot there.
The environment makes it so special. Glacier view, volcano view, trolls out in the ocean, islands and basaltic rocks on the beach.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Skyrgerðin Café & Bistro, Breiðamörk 25, 810, Hveragerði, Iceland
Come and try the Icelandic Skyr. Learn all about it and how Icelanders survived on it for decades. You get to try alcoholic drinks like mojito made our of Skyr along with some foodie products as well.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is between 08:30 and 09:00.If you are located in centre of Reykjavik, we might ask you to go to closest bus stop.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.