South Coast: Glacier Hike, LAVA Centre, Waterfalls & Black Sand Beach
Join us to find out why Iceland is named the Land of Ice & Fire, with this exciting day on the South Coast that includes a glacier hike on the crevasse riddled Solheimajökull glacier. This tour should not be missed by those seeking sightseeing and adventure! Join this small group tour and you'll stop at the must see Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls, visit the famous black sand bleach, learn all about Iceland's geology and volcanoes at the newly opened LAVA Centre and hike across one of Iceland's massive glaciers. This is a one day tour you'll not forget. All of Hidden Iceland's tours operate with a maximum of 12 people, and you will be joined by friendly and knowledgeable English speaking guides.
The glacier hike (included) requires full mobility and moderate fitness level to join. You may be refused the glacier hike if the guide does not think you meet the fitness requirements.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Glacier Hike on Solheimajökull glacier
- Glacier equipment
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated bus pickup points
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Lava Centre
- Entry/Admission - Solheimajokull Glacier
- Entry/Admission - Seljalandsfoss
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lava Centre, Austurvegi 12-14, Hvolsvollur 860 Iceland
Volcano, Earthquake & Geology Exhibition
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Solheimajokull Glacier, Vik Iceland
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Reynisfjara Beach, Route 215, Vik Iceland
Black Sand Beach
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Skogafoss, Skogar Iceland
Iconic South Iceland waterfall
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Seljalandsfoss, Hella Iceland
Waterfall that is possible to walk behind (when not icy).
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickups commence at 08:00am. Please be at your designated pick up point at this time in case your pick up location is the first one of the morning. We pick up from the designated tourist bus pick up points in downtown Reykjavik, and certain hotels where it is permissible to drive a mini bus and pick up from. If you are in downtown Reykjavik we will likely need to use one of these pick up points. Please enter your hotel information by choosing My Hotel is Not Listed and then entering the hotel details in. We will then assign your nearest pick up point and inform you of this. Ports
- Skarfabakki Harbour
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- GLACIER HIKE REQUIRES MODERATE FITNESS LEVEL
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Sturdy, waterproof hiking boots required for the glacier.
- We have to pick up from designated pickup point around Reykjavik. Restrictions imposed by the City of Reykjavik mean that we cannot pick up from certain hotels or AirBnB addresses, rather nearby designated bus pickup points. Please contact us to inform us of where you are staying and we will inform you of nearest pickup point.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Dress code is required. No denim jeans. Waterproof clothing must be brought.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Where 2 metres distance cannot be maintained, masks will need to be worn. This is in line with Icelandic law as of July 31st (for at least 2 weeks). If guests do not have their own masks, then masks will be provided.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.