South Aventura Glacier by Patagonia Dreams
Departure from El Calafate on route 15, known as the Ruta de las Estancias, towards the South Glacier jetty which is located in the South Arm of Argentino Lake, on the shores of Estancia Nibepo Aike. Navigation to the bottom of the South Arm of the Argentino Lake, deeper and deeper into the Andes. Upon disembarking, the walk to Lake Frías begins, which is only accessible on foot. The path enters a forest of lengas. After a slight climb we reach the natural viewpoint of Lake Frías, all these lands were covered by the homonymous glacier thousands of years ago. From there you descend towards the lake shore, to board the Fitzcarraldo boat, and sail 5 km through crystal clear waters of surprising emerald color. 4.5 trekking through the Río Frías valley. A pristine area of Los Glaciares NP. A valley of changing environments that ends in an amphitheater, made up of the Grande, Cubo and Dickson glaciers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Picnic
- Round trip transfer from central hotels in El Calafate
- Trekking sticks; waterproof leggings; dry stockings available.
- Refuge dome with hot drinks, snacks, and emergency equipment.
- Entrance to Los Glaciares National Park.
- Entry/Admission - Perito Moreno Glacier
What's excluded :
- Transfers from hotels outside El Calafate (Eolo, La Usina).
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Perito Moreno Glacier, Los Glaciares National Park Argentina
Grandiose landscapes of pristine nature. The southern limit of the National Park is reached, on the border with Chile. The South arm of Lake Argentino and Lake Frías are navigated to reach the upper Frías Lagoon on foot where the Dickson, Cubo and Grande glaciers are seen. Natural history, from 20,000-year-old glacial remains to moraines of the last decade and marine fossils.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up time is from 8 AM.No pickup / drop off is made for accommodations that do not have a Reception. In this case, a meeting point will be set at a hotel near your accommodation.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Those over 65 years can participate, subject to physical fitness assessment. The experience involves a long walk in a mountain environment. To confirm the departure you must complete a medical form that is attached with the reservation confirmation.
- Children under 12 years old will not be able to participate in the activity.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.