Sounion Sunset Private Tour
Our tours and services are flexible and can be adapted to the customer’s needs.
All our professional drivers have the required certifications and are fluent in English. Their experience will help you feel safe and at easy in one of our well maintained, comfortable vehicles.
You will have the added benefit of visiting archaeological sites at different times from the large tour buses and groups of visitors, thus enabling you to experience the wonderful monuments and learn their history at a time of the day when they are not overcrowded.
The cost of hiring our services is smaller than purchasing individual tickets from large tour and excursion companies.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Professional Drivers (Not licensed to accompany you into the sites)
- Skip the line to purchase tickets
- Bottled water
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Admission Fees (8 Euros per adult)
- Liscensed tour guide upon request, depending on availability (Additional Cost:190 Euros)
- Airport pickup and drop off (Additional cost)
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Avenue of Poseidon (Poseidornos), Avenue of Poseidon Greece
On your way towards the Temple of Poseidon, you will have the potentiality to absorb the southern suburbs of Athens, such as Old Faliron, Alimos and Glyfada. It is an undeniable fact that these areas are considered to be the most up-scaled ones of Attica. Moreover, the traveler is given the opportunity to observe coastline of Attica full of private and public marines, shops and cafes.
Stop At: Limni Vouliagmenis, Limni Vouliagmenis, Corinthia Region, Peloponnese
A short stop for pictures will be made at Vouliagmeni Lake.
The lagoon formed about 2,000 years ago. It was once a large cavern that collapsed following an earthquake. The outline of the collapsed cavern roof can be clearly discerned from a distance.
The lake has quite unique environmental conditions: it is supplied with warm seawater (28-35ºCelsius) via an underground channel spreading through a network of flooded caves, so its temperature never drops below 18 °C (usually ranges around 21-24 °C), whereas a freshwater spring reduces its salinity to brackish levels (14.5-18 psu).
Because of its constant warm water temperature and its rich content in hydrogen sulphide, the lake functions as a spa since the end of the 19th century.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Varkiza, Varkiza, East Attica Region, Attica
Varkiza is a picturesque sea-side village in the middle of the way to Cape Sounion. The area is very popular to Athenians for short excursions due to its beaches, shops and clubs.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00 Greece
The Temple of Poseidon is built on top of the hill, exactly at the meeting point of the Saronic Sea with the Aegean Sea. The temple was dedicated to God Poseidon, the lord of the Sea and it was there where all the sailors offered a last sacrifice to appease God Poseidon before leaving the safety of the Saronic Golf.
According to Greek mythology, the Cape Sounion was the point from which Greek King Aegeus flung himself off the cliff to his death, upon the mistaken belief that his son had died. This ancient tragic tale involves a theme that is still used in modern story-telling today.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lagonisi, Lagonisi, East Attica Region, Attica
On the way back to Athens, the visitor will enjoy the Greek traditional cuisine at a local tavern with a view to the sea.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Airport Pickup:Your driver will meet you upon your arrival at Athens airport at the customs exit holding an H.P.Tours sign with your name on.Port pickup:Your driver, will meet you at Piraeus Port at the customs exit holding an H.P.Tours sign with your name on.Notice that Piraeus port has three terminals, Terminal A, Terminal B and Terminal C.If your ship docks at Terminal A, your driver will meet you at the Terminal A exit holding an H.P.Tours sign with your name on.If your ship docks at Terminal B, your driver will meet you at the Terminal B exit holding an H.P.Tours sign with your name on.If your ship docks at Terminal C, your driver will meet you at the Terminal C exit holding an H.P.Tours sign with your name on.In case your ship docks at Terminal B or Terminal C and the exit gate is closed, you will need to take the shuttle bus to come to terminal A (3 MIN RIDE).Your driver will meet you at Terminal A holding an H.P.Tours sign with your name on.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Infant car seats are available upon request
- Most travelers can participate
- Your tour is totally private. No unknown passengers will participate in your group.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.