Sombai Cambodian Liqueur: Workshop Visit and Liqueur Tasting
Come discover the local liqueur of Siem Reap in an amazing Khmer house made by an artist who has painted the doors, walls and shutters, where art meets liqueur, meets culture.
See how it is prepared in a specially designed workshop, then sits for two months in the infusion room before being bottled. Learn about the story behind the fusion between the local tradition of infusing rice wine for medicinal purpose in Cambodia and the recipes from Mauritius. Admire the unique designs hand-painted on the bottles by young Cambodian artists. Enjoy the tantalizing journey through the 11 flavors nibbling on local snacks and with alcoholic jams. Find out souvenirs that are really unique and different.
Your visit includes a pick-up from your hotel.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour in English (in German or French on request)
- Liqueur tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (in Siem Reap)
- Entry/Admission - Sombai Shop
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sombai Shop, 294 Salakamreuk Street, Siem Reap 17254 Cambodia
Get a real taste of Cambodia as you sample Siem Reap specialty Sombai. Learn how the local liqueur is made on a 1-hour tour of a Sombai workshop, and see the maceration room where fruits and spices are used for flavor. Finally, sample the famous liqueur, tasting 11 different flavors from sweet to spicy, but also taste the 5 alcoholic jams and perhaps purchase some as a unique souvenir.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup at any hotel in Siem Reap (lobby area). Return at the hotel or anywhere in town.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Free of charge for non drinking accompanying person
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.