Sofia - private day tour from Plovdiv
Discover the capital and largest city of Bulgaria - Sofia. Popular tourist landmarks are the gold-domed Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, the early Byzantine Church of St. Sophia, Ivan Vazov National Theatre, the Russian church, the late Roman Church of St. George, etc.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Sofia is the capital and largest city of Bulgaria with a population of 1.3 million people. It is located in Western Bulgaria at 550 m above sea level and about 150 km northwest of Plovdiv. Sofia is the administrative, cultural, and economic centre of the country. The capital is also located at the northern foot of the Vitosha Mountain, in the Sofia Valley that is surrounded by mountains on all sides. Three mountain passes lead to the city, which have been key roads since antiquity, connecting the Adriatic Sea and Central Europe with the Black and the Aegean Sea.
Sofia is a city with a 7000-year history boasting of some artefacts from the Neolithic period. The first known tribes to settle in Sofia and the valley were the Thracians who established a settlement there in the 7-th century BC. Sofia's development as a significant settlement owes much to its central position in the Balkans. The city is also known for its numerous mineral and thermal springs.
On this walking sightseeing tour visit some of the Sofia's popular tourist landmarks like: the gold-domed Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, The Ivan Vazov National Theatre, The Russian church – “St. Nikolai”, the late Roman Church of Saint George (4-th century), The Sofia Synagogue - the largest in the Balkans, the Bulgarian Parliament, The Monument to the Tsar Liberator commemorating Alexander II of Russia, the early Byzantine Church of Saint Sophia (6-th century), etc.
Trip duration: 8-8.5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Travelers are collected from any hotel (accommodation) or location within Plovdiv city
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Оur company applies all the COVID-19 connected Bulgarian and European Union regulations for safe travelling. All our guides and drivers wear protective masks and gloves during the tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.