São Nicolau: Hiking Fajã - Covoada - Fajã
Explore the island with a local guide.
Walk between green valleys and streams.
Discover the true culture and history of the people of São Nicolau.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sao Nicolau, Sao Nicolau
This is one of the most revealing routes in the history and culture of the people of São Nicolau. The route starts in the rich and green Fajã valley and goes up to Assomada da Covada. The path is made between cobbled paths and sometimes within the stream. Upon reaching the top, we can glimpse the village of Covoada located at the bottom of the valley. After visiting the village, we continue towards Ribeira Funda. A village made of stone, almost deserted, planted by the sea. Arriving at Estância Brás it is possible to rest and have a picnic before proceeding the rest of the way back to Fajã. When leaving Estância Brás, it is common to find washerwomen washing clothes, and the color of the clothes spread over the walls waiting for the wind to dry them. The trail ends at the same place where it started in Fajã.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If your accommodation is not listed, please send us the details after booking.Airports
- São Nicolau Airport, Ribeira Brava, Cape Verde
- Port of Tarrafal, Avenida Assis Cadório, Tarrafal, Cape Verde
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.