Snowmobile safari in the mountain plateau of Finnmarksvidda
Driving snowmobile is a great way to experience freedom and it is an activity that we really enjoy to do. We arrange organized guided tours since 2007 and have the knowledge about the area and the best way to explore it. We will take you to breath taking places with incredible and different views where we can stop and make some pictures. If we are lucky we can also meet a reindeer herd in their traditional migration over the mountain plateau.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - We will offer warm beverages and light snacks during the tour
- Instructions on how to drive snowmobile and safety rules will be given.
- Professional guide, local history, warm cloths/suits, boots and helmet.
What's excluded :
Experience freedom joining in a snowmobile safari up in the mountain plateau of Finnmarksvidda where you will discover a different beauty in the Arctic nature and experience the constant change of lights. Some people say that being on the plateau is like reaching the end of the world. And there is where we plan to take you in this adventurous tour. Driving snowmobile is a great way to be in direct contact with nature. We will give a short instruction on how to drive a snowmobile and bring warm beverages for you to enjoy during the trip. From your booking you can choose from being own driver or to shared snowmobile with a member of your group. Our guide will be happy to share with you his local stories. This is a real experience for truly adventurous people.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our guide will pick you up in our minibus and will identify himself with Alta Adventure logoAirports
- Alta Airport, Alta Norway
- Alta Havn KF, Havneveien 24, 9515 Alta, Norway
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All the drivers most show a regular driver license for cars or motorcycle.
- We require a minimum of 2 participants for the tour.
- The minimum age for this trip is 16 years old for the passenger and 18 years old for the driver.
- Cancellations can happen due to weather conditions. In this case, a full refund will be provided.
- Remember to take on warm clothing (first layer preferably wool and not cotton, second layer fleece or cotton), wool socks (not cotton), hat, mittens (not gloves) and scarf.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The passenger weight can not be over 75 kg.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.