Snorkeling in Bar Reef Marine Sanctuary
(SKU: LK58180200) This two hour adventure gives you an amazing opportunity to get a clear view of the sea life that inhabit the shallow waters just off Kalkudah.
per adult from
What's included :
- Boat ride to the coral reefs
- Snorkeling equipment provided
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pick & Drop
You will begin your snorkeling tour from the Diving Center in Talawila at 8:00 am. Other timings can be arranged but visibility of the sea floor gets lower later on in the day. In addition, many inhabitants of the sea hide in the shady crevices beyond sight as the sun climbs higher. Your boat ride will take up till 20 minutes to get to the best snorkeling spot in Talawila.
Snorkeling is the sport of swimming with a diving mask and snorkel tube on. Fins are often used for the feet too. The snorkel tube allows the swimmer to breathe for a long time with his or her face underwater. As such, the sport is used to view the ocean floor and colorful sea life, among st other things.
While snorkeling in Talawila you will be able to see many beautiful sights such as colorful and bright living corals, the large silver blue shoals of small fish, that hermit crab that peeks out for prey, the pretty flowery looking anemones that hide danger in their midst, the clown fish that wanders among the strands fearlessly and much more. If you bring an underwater camera, you will be able to take some great photos too.
• Kalkudah, Kalkudah, Eastern Province
Departure Point :Kalpitiya, Sri Lanka
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.