Smithsonian Air & Space & American History Museum Guided Tour - Private Tour
Explore the best of American history while taking a step into its future on this combo tour. On this 5-5.5 hour private guided museum combo tour, you’ll visit the National Air and Space Museum followed by a trip to the National Museum of American History. The passionate guides will take you to some of the most captivating pieces displayed in these two world-class museums to explore the United States and its rich past, followed by a look to the future.
(PLEASE NOTE: The Air & Space museum is currently under massive construction and will remain as such for multiple years. This means that many of the exhibits we describe may NOT be on display. We adjust our tour based on the changing stages of this renovation, and the exhibits that are available to us. Thank you for understanding. Feel free to refer the Smithsonian Air & Space website for an updated list of exhibits)
per adult from
300 to 330 minutes
What's included :
- Guided Combo Museum Tour
- Tour Guide Exclusively For You (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- Lunch Break
- Private Transportation Between Tour Locations, If Necessary
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup or drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Air and Space Museum, Independence Ave SW 600 Independence Ave SW, Washington DC, DC 20560
(PLEASE NOTE: The Air & Space museum is currently under massive construction and will remain as such for multiple years. This means that Many of the exhibits we describe may NOT be on display. We adjust our tour based on the changing stages of this renovation, and the exhibits that are available to us. here is a link for their website if you would like an updated list of what you may see during your visit:
Thank you for understanding.)
Take a leap into the unique collection at the National Air and Space Museum, covering the United States’ world famous space program. The National Air and Space Museum doesn’t just cover extraterrestrial exploration. It covers everything from the early history of flight to the Space Race and moon landings. You’ll see the first plane to take flight as well as the Spirit of St. Louis, the first plane to cross the Atlantic. Discuss Amelia Earhart, the iconic female pilot who famously disappeared while trying to fly around the world. Check out Hubble space suits, and lunar modules while learning all about NASA and the United States’ space program. The two story back ups for the Hubble telescope and the early space station Skylab dominate your field of vision and since the originals stayed in space, this is the best way to get up close and personal! Find out what it's like to be an astronaut today with one of our expert guides – there’s even freeze dried ice cream in the gift shop to get the full experience. Discover the history of the world’s foremost space program and the technology and innovation that made it possible to land a man on the moon.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: National Museum of American History, 1400 Constitution Ave NW Between 12th and 14th Street, Washington DC, DC 20560
After a break for lunch, take a trip down memory lane. From a ragtag group of colonists to one of the world’s super powers, the United States has made quite a name for itself. The National Museum of American History traces this path through a unique collection of objects including the actual banner that inspired the country’s national anthem. Learn about the first president, George Washington, while viewing his sword and discover how Hollywood has helped shape this country when you check out Dorothy’s ruby red slippers. Visit the extensive collection of first ladies’ gowns to the Greensboro lunch counter that embodies the Civil Rights Movement. This tour will help you to understand the exciting and oftentimes controversial history behind this vast country.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours Washington D.C., 600 Independence Avenue, Washington DC, DC 20560
The capital of the United States, the playground of politicians and presidents, is just as enticing for tourists who want to experience a slice of American history. Our English speaking guides organize private and small group tours to the city’s most important institutions, like the National Museum of American History and the Air and Space Museum. Rub elbows with senators as you stroll the historical monuments on the Mall and learn about the iconic figures buried at Arlington National Cemetery. At Babylon Tours, our engaging guides want to make it clear that D.C. isn’t just for the fat cats on Capitol Hill – it’s also yours to explore.
Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :654 Jefferson Dr SW, Washington, DC 20565, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Smithsonian National Museum of American History, 1300 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20560, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Notes: American History Museum, Air & Space Museum and other attractions or museums in DC may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.