Small Size Transfer Tour: Taormina to Palermo with Villa Romana and Agrigento
Travel in comfort and style from Taormina to Palermo on a shared small size transfer that includes sightseeing stops at two UNESCO-listed historical sites. Be chauffeured from Sicily’s east coast all the way to Palermo in the northwest. Along the way, stop to marvel at the impeccably-preserved mosaics at Villa Romana del Casale. Come to a halt once more at the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento, which contains a vast collection of ancient Greek temples, before finishing in Palermo.
per adult from
10 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English speaking staff
- One-way transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees (approx. 20 euros)
- Tourist guide
- Meet your driver in the morning at your Taormina hotel, then take a seat in your comfortable vehicle for a journey across the island. Relax as you set off into Sicily’s interior, safe in the knowledge that your driver will ensure you have a stress-free experience.
Stop near Piazza Armerina and hop out of the car for the first sightseeing stopover. Pay a fee to enter the Villa Romana del Casale, a UNESCO-listed 4th-century Roman villa that is known for its stunning collection of mosaics. Get a close-up look at the vivid tableaus, which are thought to have been produced by North African artists. Afterward, enjoy free time to refuel with some lunch (own expense) before hitting the road once more.
Next, roll up at UNESCO-listed archaeological area of Agrigento to see the Valley of the Temples. This site is packed with ancient Greek temples in various states of ruin. Pay an entrance fee to gain access, then begin exploring to get a feel for how this city would have appeared in ancient times.
Settle back into your vehicle for the last stretch of the journey, before pulling up at the final port of call: your hotel in Palermo.
Please note: Your driver will not accompany you into the ancient monuments and sites. He will wait for you at the vehicle watching your luggage.
Departure Point :
Door to Door service included, unless hotel/accommodation is in pedestrian area. In this case pick-up/drop-off will be set as close as possible to your hotel/accommodation. Please advise at time of booking name and address of your accommodation both in Palermo and Taormina.
Other98039 Taormina, Province of Messina, Italy
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Palermo, Province of Palermo, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- 1 luggage and 1 hand-luggage per person are allowed on this tour
- Minimum number apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of the tour is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the day and traffic conditions
- Order of the stops may be inverted for technical reasons.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.