Small-group Weekend trip to Bulgaria's most famous sites
If you are visiting Bulgaria for a weekend trip this tour is a great option to see it's most famous sites. For these two days, you will visit and explore the Rila monastery, Plovdiv, and Koprivshtica. You will learn lot about our history, culture, and traditions. You will spend a night in the most vivid cities in Bulgaria, selected for the Cultural Capital of Europe in 2019th. Its artistic spirit and great nightlife will leave unforgettable memories and you can say without hesitation that you have been in Bulgaria.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- 1 night in the heart of Plovdiv
- Entrance fees
- Highly educated professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Rila Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Plovdiv Old Town
- Entry/Admission - Thracian Temple Complex Starosel
What's excluded :
- Lunches and dinner
Day 1: Rila monastery and Plovdiv
Stop At: Rila Monastery, Rila 2643 Bulgaria
At 8:30 you will be picked by your guide from your hotel/accommodation in Sofia. You will have an hour and a half drive, on a beautiful road, to get to the first famous site-Rila monastery. Situated deep in the dense pine forests of Rila Mountain, Rila Monastery is the biggest and most important Orthodox cloister in Bulgaria. It is an outstanding example of the Bulgarian cultural and historical heritage, in which architecture and painting merge harmoniously. The site is part of the UNESCO world heritage list. Rila Monastery was found in the 10th century by St Ivan Rilski, a hermit canonized by the Orthodox Church. His ascetic dwelling and tomb became a holy place and later on a monastic complex was formed. It played an important role in the spiritual and social life of medieval Bulgaria.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Plovdiv Old Town, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
After a nice lunch in the area of the monastery, we will continue our journey toward the second biggest cities in Bulgaria-Plovdiv. Plovdiv is said to be the oldest continuously inhabited city in Europe. The city has cultural and economic significance both in the past and in the present due to its strategic location. Pieces of evidence of its millennial history can be found all over the place – from the Roman Theatre to the Ottoman mosques. This is the reason why Plovdiv is one of the most charming sights in Bulgaria- wherever you look you will find history, a legend from a different period, traces of glorious past and at the same time, it’s a pleasure to see how vivid is it still and how it continues to develop and writes its new history. There we will visit the highlights – the Roman Theatre, the Roman Stadium, and have a walk in the Old Town with typical for the Revival Period house museums and narrow cobblestone streets.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Kapana suberb, Center ville Djumaya mosque, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
The evening we will spend in Plovdiv. We will overnight in the heart of the Old town in a nice 3* hotel. You can enjoy your free time by visiting the famous area called "The trap". It is like a maze full of small craft beer and wine shops, wonderful restaurants, bars with live music, and many more places of entertainment.
Duration: 3 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: 3* hotel in the historical part of Plovdiv
Day 2: Koprivshtica, Starosel and the heritage of the Thracians
Stop At: Thracian Temple Complex Starosel, Selo Starosel Chetinyovata Mogila, Hissarya 4175 Bulgaria
After a good Bulgarian breakfast, we will drive to our first point of interest-the Thracian
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Koprivshtitsa, Koprivshtitsa, Sofia Region
Our next stop will bring us back into the 19th century. Koprivshtica is an architect reserve and it is like a time machine. The town is very important for the Bulgarian history and especially to the Revival period, and the struggle of the Bulgarians against the Ottomans. We will have a guided walking tour of the place. We will see some wonderful examples of the 19th-century Bulgarian architecture. We can have some nice traditional Bulgarian lunch before we head toward Sofia. When we arrive you will be dropped at any location in the city.
Duration: 4 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Vrazhdebna Airport, Sofia Bulgaria
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- We understand your concerns in relation to COVID 19, therefore we've taken the needed measures for you to feel safe. All our guides and drivers go through regular medical checks, wear masks during the tours and in each vehicle, we have a disinfectant spray. Furthermore due to the situation nowadays we organize tours only for small groups (up to 7 persons per vehicle) and we have the option for private tours.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.