Small-Group Walking Tour of Toronto's Kensington Market and Chinatown
Discover two of Toronto's most colorful and multicultural neighborhoods on this small-group walking tour of Kensington Market and Chinatown. On this 2-hour tour, immerse yourself in both local and international culture as you wander the often bustling streets lined with unique vendors and specialty stores. Learn from your guide about the history of these areas and discover the best places to shop and eat.
per adult from
What's included :
- Small-group walking tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Coffee or tea at a local cafe
- A snack at a local food vendor
- Entry/Admission - Toronto Urban Adventures
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional snacks and beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Toronto Urban Adventures, 25 Cole St Unit 615, Toronto, Ontario M5A 4M3 Canada
Ask any local and they’ll tell you – one of the best things to do in Toronto is to explore two of the city’s most colourful and multicultural neighbourhoods – Chinatown and Kensington Market. On this Toronto walking tour you'll have the chance to get up close and personal with both of these local favourites, experiencing the rich history, vibrant cultures, and iconic uniqueness both Chinatown and Kensington Market are known for.
The streets around Chinatown and Kensington Market are often crowded, but always friendly. With a reputation for local and international delicacies, unique vendors, and specialty shops, there really is nowhere else like this in Toronto. Distinctively different, yet undeniably and inherently similar, these two neighbourhoods sit right next to each other, offering both a wonderful juxtaposition, and interesting compliment to one another – perfect for exploring together on this unique tour of Toronto.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kensington Market, Toronto, Ontario Canada
In Kensington Market, over a coffee or tea at a local cafe, you’ll learn how the neighbourhood has evolved from a working-class Jewish market into a working-class bohemian market. Several waves of immigrant settlement over the past century have splashed colours, sounds, and flavours from the four corners of the earth throughout Kensington Market, and yet there is not a McDonald's or Starbucks to be seen. Large multinational corporations are decidedly unwelcome, and unlikely to migrate their way in anytime soon. One of the many highlights of this tour is a visit to a local food vendor to awaken your taste buds to Kensington Market’s international flavour.
Aside from its aversion to corporations, the neighbourhood is known for its festivals (Pedestrian Sunday is a favourite), vintage shops, cafes, bakeries, hole-in-the-wall bars, and the many, many bare brick walls that have long been covered with graffiti murals (often at the request of the buildings’ owners). These murals are nearly all stunning, and have become one of the iconic features of the neighbourhood. Your local guide will be happy to elaborate on any element of the neighbourhood you find particularly interesting on this Kensington Market tour in Toronto – we all love this area a lot!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chinatown, Spadina and Dundas (From Queen to College and east and west of Spadina), Toronto, Ontario M5T 2E9 Canada
As we said, right next door to Kensington Market is Chinatown, one of Canada's largest Chinese communities, and one of the largest Chinatowns in North America. One of the busiest areas in the city, there’s always something happening, and always tales to tell. On this part of your Toronto tour, your guide will enlighten you with some favourite local stories and intriguing history surrounding Toronto’s Chinatown. Along the way, you’ll also likely get restaurant recommendations, which can really come in handy for after your Toronto Chinatown tour – trust us, there are a lot of places to eat around here.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Dundas St West At Mccaul St, Toronto, ON M5T 1G4, Canada
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Spadina Avenue, Spadina Ave, Toronto, ON, Canada
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Summers can be hot and humid, spring/autumn can be cool, and winters downright frigid with snow. Dress according to weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour involves a good amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.