Small-Group Tour to Tatio Geysers Machuca Village & Rio Putana wetlands
With this semi-private tour from San Pedro de Atacama, you will have the opportunity to visit one of the highlights more intimately, sharing your day with other travellers but avoiding big groups:
A journey awaits you to tour the place where the Earth exhales its millenary breath. We will leave very early to see the first lights of dawn from the geothermal field of the Tatio Geysers, the highest in the world. In a place where the geysers and thermal pools coexist with the lowest temperatures, we will take advantage of the first lights in the morning to take incredible pictures, bathe in the healing, high mineral content waters, and enjoy breakfast.
On the way back, we will visit the town of Machuca the best example of a traditional Atacamenian town and Rio Putana wetlands, a small valley full of native vegetation and wildlife. A trip you can't miss!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Bilingual Driver-Guide Assistance
- Hotel Pick-Up (Drop-off is at downtown area/ near hotel, to be confirmed)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Tatio Geyser Entrance Fee (included on Semi-Private)
- Entry/Admission - Geyser del Tatio
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: San Pedro de Atacama, San Pedro de Atacama, Antofagasta Region
After an early morning pick-up at your hotel, you will be driven to Tatio Geysers. Be prepared to experience one of the most astonishing phenomena produced by nature!
**Due to the altitude, it is not advisable to eat anything until you reach the Geysers.
**We recommend that you have your swimsuit on under the clothes.
Stop At: Geyser del Tatio, 174a Caracoles, San Pedro de Atacama 1410000 Chile
Next up, walk across the trails of this amazing geothermal field. Tatio Geysers are the largest group of geysers in the southern hemisphere and the third-largest in the world. At dawn, an impressive and wonderful show may be appreciated, generated by the violent steam flows that rise up to 10 Mts., reaching high temperatures. To further add to your experience, you will have the opportunity to swim in the Tatio spring waters, a natural thermal water pool rich in minerals! (You can do a short trek if you don't want to go in the water). Then, go along the imposing Andes Mountain Range, and participate in the adventure of observing native plants and animals in their natural habitat. Your breakfast will be provided when the sun rises during this tour.
**Tatio Geysers Entrance fee is only included on Semi-Private tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Machuca, Route B-245, San Pedro de Atacama Chile
On your way back, you will make several stops to take photos and see Altiplano flora and fauna. You will also have a short visit to Machuca village, a small Atacama village located over 4,000 meters above sea level. In this village, you can get to know the deepest culture of the peasants who live in the Andean altiplano, isolated from civilization and whose main activity is shepherding llamas and cheese production.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Vado del Rio Putana, Ruta B-245, San Pedro de Atacama Chile
You will also have the opportunity to visit Rio Putana bofedal (wetlands), which is a small valley full of native vegetation and wildlife. At the end of the trip, you will be driven back to San Pedro de Atacama. **Notes: Schedules and the order of the visited attractions are estimated and may vary due to conditions of an operational nature such as bad weather, traffic, etc. **Drop-off is at downtown area/ near hotel, to be confirmed
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from your lodging in San Pedro de Atacama is included. Pick-up is usually between 5:00 and 5:30 a.m. If your hotel is NOT listed, please provide your hotel name when booking in the 'Special Requirements' box. If you are staying at an Airbnb/ Apartment/ Bungalow please let us know your Airbnb address for pick-up and any other additional features. Travellers staying at Airbnbs MUST give their phone number so that we can reach them if needed. The passenger must be ready at the reception or attentive to the vehicle arrivalPick-up is not included from hotels located in the pedestrian zone.
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- IMPORTANT: Passport name, number, nationality and date of birth are required at time of booking for all participants
- Please bring: Bathing suit, towel and flip-flops, comfortable clothes, sunglasses, fleece in summer and jacket in winter, warm hat, sunscreen and water. You can also bring snacks
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements, restrictions or allergies at the time of booking. You may use the “Special Requirements” box for that matter
- Please keep in mind that we will reach a height of 4320 m.a.s.l. so some people may suffer from altitude sickness
- People with hypertension problems; cardiac patients; those who have suffered embolism or edema
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Such measures shall be subject to the official protocol and may be amended or supplemented.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.