Small-Group Tour: Sham Shui Po Neighborhood
Get off the beaten path on this 3.5-hour small group walking tour of Hong Kong. If you have been to most of the city’s tourist “must see-attractions”, perhaps it’s time to stay away from the tourist bubble for a moment and immerse yourself back to the old days of Hong Kong. Follow your professional guide throughout the back streets of the city and enjoy a relaxing tea break during your tour.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Tea break at “the Heritage Tea House” with 1 choice of Chinese tea, serving with 1 kind of “dim sum of the day” (subject to change and availability)
- Bottled water
- Professional friendly licensed English-speaking guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Transportation to/from attractions
- MTR ticket (at your own expenses)
- Meet your group at 2pm at the Shek Kip Mei MTR station (Exit A) before starting your tour.
• Mei Ho House –Start the tour by bringing you back to the year of 1960’s, visit “Mei Ho House” of Shek Kip Mei Public Housing Estate – the oldest public housing complex in Hong Kong. Only Mei Ho House was chosen to be preserved as a Grade II Historic building and was transformed to a Youth Hostel in 2013. It contains the Mei Ho House Museum, showcasing the oldest public housing history of the local community, through a mixture of donated exhibits and some first-hand anecdotes from the former residents and the evolution of public housing and folk life.
• JCCAC – Jockey Club Creative Arts Center, housed in an award winning architectural conversion from the former Shek Kip Mei Factory Estate building which was built half a century ago. There are nearly 140 artists and art organizations pursing their works in a wide array of art forms, mainly in visual arts, performing arts and applied arts.
• Tea Break – Relax a while for having a tea break at a cozy and tuck away heaven tea house – “The Heritage tea house,” a hidden gem, sophisticated tea house located at a quiet corner of JCCAC building. You may pick your own favorite Chinese tea, serving together with a tasting portion of dim sum snacks that are made fresh daily.
• Shum Shui Po –Walk further down to the area of Shum Shui Po, literally “Deep Water Pier” in Cantonese.
• Golden Shopping Center – Very well known for the number of video game stores it contains, wide choices of gaming systems, software and accessories at either a slightly discounted price, or in special in-store packages which might include an extra game or extra accessories.
• Apliu Street Market – Known as “Man’s market” Vendors in this open air Market sells a wide variety of electronic products at reasonable prices and with plenty of open stalls, it isn't all about just buying but also browsing, looking and learning what is interesting, Apliu Street has something for everyone.
• Fook Wing Street Market - There's a mass of toy stores selling brand-name goods at half the price of those at department stores - and no-name toys at half that again.
• Cheung Sha Wan Road Fashion Street – If you are interested in wholesale clothes, Cheung Sha Wan Road Fashion Street is the place you should not be missed.
At the end of your tour, the guide will bring you to the nearest entrance of Shamshuipo MTR Station around 5:30pm. From this point you are welcome to explore the markets on your own.
Departure Point :Shek Kip Mei MTR Station (Exit A, inside the station concourse area)
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Shum Shui Po MTR Station
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is also available, please advise us upon making reservation
- A minimum of 2 paying adults per booking is required
- Maximum 2 child (1-6 years old) at no charge if accompany by 2 paying adults
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.