Small-Group Tour: Kyaiktiyo Pagoda and Bago from Yangon with Lunch
This tour is for the guests who stay in Myanmar only a few days and want to see the Golden Rock Pagoda and the best highlights and interesting places in Bago. This full day trip Leave at 5 am from Yangon for a three and half hour drive to Kimpun, where the Golden Rock Pagoda is based. Included is the transportation on an open truck for about forty-five minutes uphill and another forty-five minutes downhill from the Golden Rock Pagoda. After seeing the amazing Golden Rock Pagoda, lunch at a local restaurant is included. On your return to Yangon, you will visit the most interesting places in Bago.
The maximum participants is 8.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking guide
- Breakfast, lunch at local restaurant
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- All entrance fees
- All transportation charges
- Entry/Admission - Kyaiktiyo Pagoda
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Beverage & Beer
- Items/ services not mentioned in the itinerary
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kyaiktiyo Pagoda, Kin Pun Myanmar
Your guide will meet you at your hotel and drive to Kyaikhtiyo Pagoda, about three and half hours. Located in Kyaikhto Township, Mon State and situated on the top of the rocky mountain, 1100 meters above the sea level. It was also known as Golden Rock Pagoda among the travelers. People believed the Hermit enshrines Buddha’s hair relics in the 18 ft high pagoda situated on the top of 50 ft circumference stone re-sample of his head from 2500 years ago. On the way to Kyaikhto, you can see the crop plantations, paddy fields, beautiful scenery of countryside and lives of people who live in small towns along the roadside. When your coach arrives at Kimpun based camp, transfer to an open truck to Kyaikhtiyo Pagoda about one 45minutes. You can observe the natural scenery of forests and mountains on the way. Exploring around the platform of Kyaikhtiyo Pagoda, it offers you a magnificent view of nature. Feel the culture of Buddhist, fresh & pleasant moments in your body & soul. You can find many stalls such as regional handicrafts and souvenir shop, traditional medicines such as horns, bones, essence of medicinal wild creatures and plants, food houses. After lunch, you guide will lead you to an open truck back to the based camp to drive to Bago, about one hour. It was a royal palace of Mon and Myanmar Kings in 15th century and also known as Hantharwaddy Kingdom under the Mon. So there was not only a lot of interesting pagodas but there was also an old Kanbawzathardi Palace built in AD 1567. There was a lot of ancient pagodas and your guide will lead you to the most interesting places such as Shwetharlyaung Pagoda that was the most beautiful reclining Buddha image in Myanmar and it is 55 meters length and 52 meters height built in AD994. Kyaikpun Pagoda which was four gigantic Buddha images seating back to back and face the four cardinal points of the compass. Shwemawdaw Pagoda built and worshiped by ancient Mon people and Snake Monastery. Then, back to Yangon about two hour drive and return to your lodging hotel in Yangon.
Duration: 12 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your lodging hotels situated in Yangon
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.