Small-Group Tour: Jiufen, Yehliu Geopark, and Shifen from Taipei
Take a full-day tour of the highlights of the Northeast Coast including Yehliu Geopark, Golden Waterfall, Jiufen Old Street, Shifen Waterfall and Shifen Old Street. A shared tour operated in a small-group of no more than 8 people and includes round-trip transportation from your accommodation in Taipei City.a~
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/Railway station pickup and drop-off
- Fuel surcharge
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Landing and facility fees
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (Approximately $3)
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - YehLiu Geopark
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: YehLiu Geopark, No.167-1, Kangton Rd. Yeh Liu Village, Wanli, New Taipei 207 Taiwan
Yehliu Geological Park (野柳地質公園) resides within a cape 1.7km long and is home to some of the most famous eroded rock formations in the world.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Golden Waterfall, Jinguashi village, Ruifang District, Ruifang, New Taipei Taiwan
Golden Waterfall is located near the Gold Ecological Park (黃金博物園區) in Jinguashi. Although real gold flowing from these falls would be too good to be true, the water is certainly a beautiful gold color as a result of the combination of regular rainfall in this mining area and the abundance of heavy metal elements deposited in the riverbed.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Chiufen (Jiufen Old Street), Jishan Street, Ruifang, New Taipei 22450 Taiwan
With an unmatched old town atmosphere and seaside flair, Jiufen (九份) is a must see spot when visiting northern Taiwan. Always teeming with tourists, you might notice that Japanese people make up a huge proportion of the crowds gathered. Many are keen to catch a glimpse of the setting of Hayao Miyazaki's Academy Award winning “Spirited Away”, especially the iconic red lanterns. This is also a film mecca for lovers of Taiwanese film, especially fans of Hou Hsiao-hsien's “A City of Sadness” (悲情城市), which utilized Jiufen as the backdrop to the events of the 228 Incident. Given Hou’s recent award of Best Director in the 2015 International Cannes Film Festival for his new film “The Assassin”, we expect even more people will make their way here in years to come.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Shifen Waterfall, No.10 Gankeng Road, Nanshan Village, Pingxi, New Taipei 226 Taiwan
Shifen Waterfall (十分瀑布) is the most renowned cascading waterfall in Taiwan.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Shifen Old Street, Pingxi, New Taipei Taiwan
Shifen Old Street is a bustling hub for those eager to get a glimpse of an old railroad town which still retains the charm of yesteryear. Originally built to transport coal, the Shifen Old Street stop has now become one of the most popular on the Pingxi rail-line. It is easy to see why so many are drawn here - local food, souvenir shops and puffing trains add to the charm of this little gem, as well as make it a fantastic place for photography.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Westgate Hotel, No. 150號, Section 1, Zhonghua Road, Wanhua District, Taipei City, Taiwan 108
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Taipei City downtown. However, New Taipei City is not included. If you don't stay in Taipei City Downtown, please take MRT to Ximen Station and walk to Westgate Hotel (No. 150, Section1, Zhonghua Road, Taipei City) for pick up. And we will drop you off here after this tour as well. Thank you for your understanding.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- English or Mandarin-speaking guide is available. Please select your preferred language at checkout
- This is a shared tour, not a private one. A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.