Small Group Swedish Church History 5h Tour to the countryside from Stockholm
Sweden got some of the best persevered medieval churches in Europe. We explore some of the best preserved medieval churches and one modern one from 1970:s close to Stockholm. We travel true the Swedish countryside on our way to and from the churches during the tour. Enjoy 15th C preserved fresco, medieval crosses, countryside Romanesque and Gothic architecture, one church ruin, one modern church and more. Explore Sweden's church history on this half-day 5h tour from Stockholm with a knowledgeable guide. Meet up in central Stockholm at your hotel.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local knowlegeble guide
What's excluded :
- Depart from your hotel in car, minivan or bus depending on group size. Travel north into the beautiful Swedish countryside. Explore churches both famous and less wellknown hidden in strategical places in the lanscape Travel to Täby church and visit one of the best preserved fresques from the late 15th C. Explore how the churches were built and learn about the epoch art styles. Than onwords to Vallentuna church where you will see a well-preserved reformatic church room from 1750. Explore 850 years old stone master signatures from 12th C and one of the most famous rune stones and hear about Jarlabanki. Learn about rune stones, stone masters and the construction of a church. Hear about the turbilent reformation of Sweden in the 1520s. Next, we visit Orkesta church. Enjoy the beautiful frescos from 1450 by an unknown painting school, see a special altar piece from 1750s and a mediveal cross from 1325. Return to the city with memories for life!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All central hotels, ports and other accommodations within 5km from Stockholm central station (no pick up at Nynäshamn harbour but instead travel directions to meeting place in Stockholm).If your tour departs from the cruise pier:If your ship arrives at S165 and S167 STADSGÅRDEN: Please walk a few hundred meters away from your ship while following the BLUE/GREEN lines. Go past the fences and guards, and your guide will wait there, with a sign saying "Viking Tours" on an A4-paper. NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in STADSGÅRDEN than S165 or S167 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour.If your ship arrives at F638 FRIHAMNEN: Upon debarking the ship, please go through the terminal building. Once you go past the sliding doors (everyone else that departs the ship will walk out this way), the guide will meet you just outside the sliding doors. The guide will be holding an A4-paper saying "Viking Tours". NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in FRIHAMNEN than F638 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour.If your ship arrives at V523 VÄRTAHAMNEN: Walk from your ship towards the tourist buses, which is less than 10 meters from the ship hull. The guide will wait for you at the tourist bus area, near the buses, with an A4-paper, which says "Viking Tours." The guide will then direct you to the tour vehicle. NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in VÄRTAHAMNEN than V523 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour.If your Ship Arrives at NYNÄSHAMN: NO PICK UP INCLUDED HERE. That due to it being 50km away from Stockholm central station. We recomend you to contact and with us decide a meeting place in Central Stockholm. We will give directions how to go there either by train or that take one of the cruise busses going from the harbour into Stockholm.If you are unsure of which pier your ship is arriving at, please check with the cruise line.Ports
- NO PICK UP IN Nynäshamn harbour (wait for meeting instructions to a meeting place in Stockholm)
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 3 adults is required for this tour to run.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- If you want to bring your own masks or any other thing to make you feel safe please know you're welcome to do so.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.