Small-Group Snaefellsnes Peninsula Day Trip from Reykjavik
Experience the range of Icelandic natural beauty in just one area—the wonderfully diverse Snæfellsnes Peninsula in a small bus.
In this tour, we will visit the charming fishing villages of Berserk Lava Field, Arnarstapi, Mt. Eldborg, beautiful mountains and volcanic craters such as Kirkjufell and Ljósufjöll, the black beach at Djúpalónssandur, the majestic glacier Snæfellsjökull.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from selected hotels and guesthouses as well as official bus stops in central Reykjavik
- Transportation by air-conditioned bus
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kirkjufell Mountain, Road 54, Grundarfjorour 350 Iceland
Kirkjufell Mountain is a famous mountain of Snaefellsnes. There is also a waterfall nearby which can be visited.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Djupalonssandur Beach, Utnesvegur, Hellnar Iceland
At this location are you surrounded by a lava field. The beach contains of very round stones and you'll have a great view on Snaefellsjokull in good weather conditions.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Ytri Tunga Beach, Arnarstapi Iceland
At Ytri Tunga Beach is it possible to see seals from time to time.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Londrangar View Point, Iceland
Amazing rock formation in the ocean, the rocks are 75 and 61 meters tall and make you feel like you are in the country of elves and trolls.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Arnarstapi Center and Snjófell Restaurant, Arnarstapi, Iceland
Arnarstapi is a small fishing village that sits at the base of the Stapafell mountain in the Snæfellsnes peninsula. The place names of the villages in this region originate from the Icelandic sagas which are some of the oldest examples of literature to have com out of Europe. In particular the place names here draw from the saga of Bárðar who was a half man, half ogre said to have lived in this area. The beautiful walk along the coast will give you the chance to truly dip in into this amazing landscape
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our pickup can take up to 30 minutes so please wait at your pickup location from the time written on your ticket.More locations we do offer pickup service from:- Subway at the former Oddsson Ho(s)tel, Hringbraut 119- Burgerjoint (Hamborgarabullan), Geirsgata 1- Gamli Gardur, Hringbraut 29- BSI Bus Terminal, Vatnsmyrarvegur 10 (front / taxi side)Many accommodations in central Reykjavik are redirected to official "Tour Bus Stops" from which we also offer pickup:- Tour Bus Stop 1, Ráðhúsið - City Hall, Vonarstraeti (64.146316,-21.941491)- Tour Bus Stop 2, Tjörnin - The Pond, Maedragardur on Laekjargata (64.145763,-21.938547)- Tour Bus Stop 3, Lækjargata, Laekjargata 4 (64.14678,-21.937296)- Tour Bus Stop 5, Harpa, Austurbakki 2 (64.14678,-21.937296)- Tour Bus Stop 6, Safnahúsið - The Culture House, Hverfisgata 15 by Arnarholl (64.147454,-21.932894)- Tour Bus Stop 7, Traðarkot, Hverfisgata 20 (64.146706,-21.930425)- Tour Bus Stop 8, Hallgrímskirkja, by Eiriksgata (64.141548,-21.927973)- Tour Bus Stop 9, Snorrabraut, Snorrabraut 24 (64.143497,-21.916289)- Tour Bus Stop 10, Hlemmur, Laugavegur 105 (64.143155,-21.915414)- Tour Bus Stop 11, Austurbær, Snorrabraut 37 (64.142364,-21.917228)- Tour Bus Stop 12, Höfðatorg, Þórunnartún 6 (64.144389,-21.910327)- Tour Bus Stop 13, Rauðarárstígur, Laugavegur 120 (64.142658,-21.913866)Ports
- Skarfabakki Harbour, Reykjavik
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time, and re-boarding time
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face masks will be available to purchase, if forgotten. All clothes worn by staff are washed on a hot cycle after every tour. Passengers are requested to wear clean clothes. Instructions on how to avoid infection are in all our vehicles.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.