Small Group roundtrip transfer from Civitavecchia to Rome
If you are a walker and love exploring cities on foot, this return transfer is just the service for you. Enjoy a comfortable 90 minutes’ ride before you reach Rome and begin your quest for the city’s priceless treasures. Walk around the centre and without even trying you’ll come across awe-inspiring monuments, art-rich churches, baroque piazzas and spectacular fountains. From the Colosseum to Piazza Venezia, the Pantheon and Trevi Fountain, Rome is a truly feast for the eyes. The palate will also have its share in one of the city’s many sidewalk cafes, boisterous pizzerias and neighbourhood trattorias where the locals indulge their passion for thin, crispy pizzas, humble but delicious pastas, and cool white wine from the nearby Castelli Romani hills.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour escort/host
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned sedan/minivan/bus
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- With its tangled lanes, its awe-inspiring monuments and vibrant street life, Rome is one of the world’s most beautiful and fascinating capitals. Exploring the city on foot is probably the best way to get a real feel for it and the service that we offer will give you the opportunity to do just that.
Meet your driver at the Bus hub of Civitavecchia and after an approx. 90 minute drive and a short panoramic tour you will reach the Colosseum, the most thrilling of the city’s sights. You will be provided with a map and once you have agreed on a meeting time and place you can set off on an adventurous walk that may take you to Piazza Venezia, the heart of the modern and ancient Rome. Climb the steps of the Capitoline hill and enjoy a beautiful panorama of the Roman Forum, a grandiose district of temples, basilicas and vibrant public spaces. Reach the most beautiful fountain in the world, Trevi, and perform the coin ritual to ensure your return to the city. A few more minutes’ walk and you will discover a striking 2000-year-old temple, and one of the most influential buildings in the Western world known as the Pantheon. No visit is complete without a stop in piazza Navona, which with its ornate fountains, baroque palazzi and colorful cast of street artists, has become a must for every visitor.
This circa 90'-minute transfer departs at 08:00 am and there will be approx. 6 hours of free time in Rome to explore the city. The transfer will depart then from Rome St Peters Square back to Civitavecchia at 3:30 pm. Appropriate meeting instructions and pick up times will be given by your guide on the way to Rome.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Civitavecchia port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded.
Departure Point :Largo della Pace, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy
MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: Please board the free shuttle offered by the cruise port authority and meet our assistant driver at the bus terminal. When you exit the shuttle, please look for your local representative holding a "DRIVERINROME" sign. We ask all the guests to please plan to be at the designated departure location at least 10 minutes before departure time.
OtherLargo della Pace, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy - MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: Please board the free shuttle offered by the cruise port authority and meet our assistant driver at the bus terminal. When you exit the shuttle, please look for your local representative holding a "DRIVERINROME" sign. We ask all the guests to please plan to be at the designated departure location at least 10 minutes before departure time.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/1/2016 - 1/1/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please contact the local provider to verify the correct pickup time
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you are not ready to depart at the assigned time , we cannot promise to fulfill the mentioned itinerary nor promise to extend the duration of the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.