Small Group or Private Tombstone & San Xavier Mission Day Trip from Phoenix
Relive the legends of one of the Wild West's most famous towns Tombstone, Arizona, known as "The Town too Tough to Die." Visit the OK Corral, Birdcage Theatre and Big Nose Kate's Saloon. Also visit Mission San Xavier de Bac on your return trip to Phoenix. Please note: This tour operates on Tuesdays and Saturdays as a small group option and daily as a private tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Fuel surcharge
- Entry/Admission - Mission San Xavier del Bac
- Entry/Admission - Tombstone
- Entry/Admission - Boothilll Graveyard
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - O.K. Corral
- Entry/Admission - Big Nose Kate's Saloon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mission San Xavier del Bac, 1950 W San Xavier Rd, Tucson, AZ 85746-7409
Our first stop as we head into the wild west is the White Dove of The Desert; one of the Southwest’s best preserved missions at San Xavier del Bac. Founded in 1692, the San Xavier Mission is still in operation and allows guests to marvel at the ornate craftsmanship showcasing both Spanish and Native influences. Original frescoes and statuary are still on display within the mission for guests to admire as well.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tombstone, AZ 85638, USA
We’ll head further south into the “Town too Tough to Die”. Tombstone was home to the true men and women of the West. Outlaws, businessmen, miners, and cattlemen flocked to the area in the late 1870s for their chance to strike it rich. The most famous lawman of Tombstone and the entire West was Wyatt Earp! Wyatt and his brothers originally came to Tombstone as entrepreneurs; however, with the increasing unrest, they needed to protect their investment in the mining industry and became lawmen. During the tour, guests will be able to stand on the very ground Wyatt Earp stood during the shootout at the OK Corral! While in Tombstone, you’ll have a chance to visit both sides of this “colorful” town. The original gathering spots for outlaws and gunmen who strolled into town were Big Nose Kate’s Saloon and the Bird Cage Theatre. The Bird Cage Theatre, which had the reputation as “the wickedest nightspot between Basin Street and the Barbary Coast,” was a saloon, gambling parlor, and theatre show that provided entertainment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 8 years to anyone brave enough to enter. For those men and women who were “overly brave” and fell afoul of the law, they had to make a visit to the Tombstone Courthouse. Included in your tour will be the entrance to the museum at the Tombstone Courthouse, which pays homage to the brave souls who did their best to keep the peace in this rough and tumble town. True to the reputation of the Wild West, gunfights and stand-offs were a weekly occurrence.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: O.K. Corral, 326 E Allen St, Tombstone, AZ 85638-0047
he Gunfight at the O.K. Corral was a 30-second shootout between lawmen and members of a loosely organized group of outlaws called the Cowboys that took place at about 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 26, 1881
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Big Nose Kate's Saloon, 417 E. Allen Street, Tombstone, AZ 85638
Historic destination for Southern & Mexican fare, live country music & Wild West reenactments.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Boothilll Graveyard, Tombstone, AZ 85638
For those souls unfortunate enough to be on the losing end of those gun battles, they were buried at the infamous Boot Hill Cemetery. The cemetery aptly got its name from those who died with their boots on and were buried as such.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Phoenix, AZ, USA
2: Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Please note: if your hotel is not on the hotel list, please contact the supplier directly. If your hotel is not a pre-approved pick-up location, the supplier will determine a location you can meet to be picked up for your excursion. Contact details will be provided on your pre-paid voucher.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Small Group Option 5/1/2020 - 12/1/2021
Private Mini Coach Option 11/11/2020 - 12/1/2021
Tuesday: 06:00 AM - 07:00 AM Saturday: 06:00 AM - 07:00 AM
Private SUV Option 5/1/2020 - 12/1/2021
Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 07:00 AM Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 07:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum of four (4) passengers is required in order for the tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Arizona state law requires children under 8 years to have either a child seat or booster. Child seats are not provided, please bring your own
- Minimum age is 2 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Foldable wheelchairs are acceptable
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.