Small-Group Hoi An Country Life Agricultural Experience
Visit the beautiful Hoi An countryside on this very hands-on agriculural tour. Learn about the producers of Hoi An and how they still practice traditional farming methods that continue to this day. This tour includes hotel transportation, all meals and activities.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and return (Hoi An old town and the beach areas)
- Bike with helmets
- Meals as indicated
- Activities as described
- Beverages and snacks
What's excluded :
- After pickup at your hotel by mini-van, you will first listen to the tour orientation and get fitted for your bike. Start biking to the countryside while occasionally stopping to taking pictures of the beautiful countryside views before arriving to Tra Que herb garden veggie village. Explore the village garden, meeting local farmers, listen to the tour guide explain why it is called “Organic farm” and how the produce grown is consumed around Hoi An and its local people. Join in on the farming activities like: hoeing soil, fertilization using seaweed, transplanting and watering vegetable among other things. Continue biking to the rice paddy fields and take pictures of duck farms, shrimp farms, livestock, birds, and bamboo. Arriving at a local farmer's house at the Cam Thanh Ecological village and listen as they share details about daily life. Later on, join in and learn how to grow wet rice with the family. Also try your hand at traditional farm work like plowing and raking with Vietnam's iconic water buffalo. Ride the water buffalo and learn about transplanting rice, irrigation, grinding rice, pounding rice, and the role of rice in a meal.
After this activity, enjoy a local lunch.
After lunch, take a rest and enjoy a therapeutic foot massage before taking a 30-minute ride along the paddies via water buffalo cart. The morning was about the land, but the afternoon will be about the water!
Transfer to a local fishing village by mini-van and join local fishermen at a Phuoc Hai local fishing boat to experience local net casting "chai."
After this fishing demonstration, head out to a water coconut palm jungle, and enjoy the local basket boat demonstration performed by Eco-tour’s crew. Try to trap crabs that live in the water coconut palm forest. After some walking around the eco-village, stop and listen to a former guerrilla recant their memory of history about the war from the period 1968 to 1972 between V.C soldiers and U.S Armies. Return to the boat and arriving at the end of the world beach area and learn more about the local people how they are living and fishing. As you finish out the activities during the day, enjoy your Vietnamese traditional snacks on board with coldest beers or drinks while seeing the sun set behind Phuoc Hai fishing village where fishermen go back to the ocean for fishing. Return to hotel via mini-van.
Departure Point :Hoi An old town hotels
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Hoi An old town hotels
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Minimum 2 passengers to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- It is recommended to bring the following:
- Sun-protection creams & lotions
- Fully charged cameras
- Footwear - flip-flops, thongs, sandals...
- Towel and extra clothes in case of being wet
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.