Small-Group Hiking Adventure Including Lunch with a Local Family from Nadi
Go take a hike! Spend the day in the great outdoors, exploring the villages and hiking trails far beyond Nadi. When you’re done exploring, fuel up with lunch prepared by a local family in a rural village.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks such as snacks bought at the market
- souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- tips/gratuities for your guide
- Your Nadi tour will begin with a wonderful scenic ride from Nadi to Lautoka, where we’ll begin our hiking adventure. Along the drive, you’ll get to see a side of Fiji that’s away from the tourist zones, as we pass from urban to rural areas. Your guide will share the stories and histories of the places that you ride past, giving you a better understanding of local life in this land. You’ll spot beaches, fields for farming sugar cane, and the village of Viseisei, which is where Fijians first settled. We’ll also head off-road, climbing steep hills and crossing river streams to reach the start point of our hike.
En route, we’ll make a pit stop for anyone who wishes to buy snacks or any other items from the local supermarket. The drive takes about 35 minutes total from Nadi to Lautoka, and from Lautoka to the hike location is about 20 minutes.
Once we arrive at the start point, we’ll follow the trail through the forest, spotting wild plants that are used for traditional medicines. We’ll also see a few species of flora that can harm you in an instant (be sure not to touch anything unless your guide says it's okay).
This hiking route will get you fascinated for local culture, as there are stories behind each mountain you’ll see, path you’ll take, and photo you’ll snap.
We’ll eventually find ourselves at a waterfall — the perfect place to cool off before returning back to the beginning!
After our hike, we’ll head into Abaca village for a lunch prepared by a local family; families are given a chance to host lunches for guests, which benefit both them and the village. As we eat, you’ll get to learn about local life, including how locals cope with living so far from urban areas, with no general stores nearby or public transport. Locals need to walk lengthy distances in the early morning to buy basic needs, and return back in the evening on foot.
After lunch, we’ll then head back to urban life in Nadi, exhausted from the hiking, yet happy from all the interaction we’ve had with a local community.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel. Please indicate your hotel when you book.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress for outdoor activity, and wear comfortable running shoes or hiking boots
- You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.