Small Group Hawker Centre Street Food Tour Hosted by 4th Generation Local
Your host is a friendly 4th generation Singaporean Chinese with a strong passion to share real life experiences from growing up in Singapore since the 70's.
His in-depth experience of the hawker markets (as they were the only places to eat out at in the 70's) promises an adventure of discovery the vibrancy of local street food now run by 2nd or 3rd generation family members.
You will be introduced to a wide variety of local street food favourites mostly known to the locals. You will also get to know better your host and the country through his eyes and life's experiences, view the hawkers in action preparing food the same way since decades ago and get to meet other local people as well.
This fun and engaging adventure is for those who want to experience unique traditional street food in the hawker centres located in the ethnic neighbourhoods. This is a dying culture that has been deeply embedded in the Singapore way of life since the colonial days of early 19th century until today.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Personal shopping
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chinatown, Crot Trengganu, Singapore 048942 Singapore
We will be visiting the hawker centres here in Chinatown and sample well known Singapore Chinese street cuisines. After our meal, we would be exploring the area and soak in the sights of the neighbourhood.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Little India, Little India, Singapore
We will be exploring the hawker market here in Little India and sample a variety of Indian & Muslim street cuisines. We will also explore and visit the seafood and fruit and vegetable markets in the neighbourhood.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Chinatown MRT Station, 151 New Bridge Road 91 Upper Cross Street Singapore 059443/058362 New Bridge Rd, Singapore 059443
Traveler pickup is offered
We will advise further on the location to meet (Hotel lobby or MRT Station) so as to enhance convenience to all our guests
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travellers with gluten intolerance
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.