Small Group Day Trip to Masada and Dead Sea from Jerusalem
See the Judean Hills that lead to the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth. Visit Massada, where you will learn the heroic story of the Jewish fighters. Ascend the mountain top by cable car and tour the fortress built by King Herod where you can visit the remains of the walls and mosaic floors before descending by cable car. Finally, stop to enjoy the unique opportunity to float in the Dead Sea and cover yourself with the mineral rich mud.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Qumran Caves (entrance is not included)
- Departing Jerusalem, your journey takes you through the Judean Hills and on to the Dead Sea, the lowest point on planet Earth. Upon reaching the Dead Sea, you will visit a Dead Sea cosmetics shop before continuing your journey south along the shores. Reach Masada with its impressive mountaintop fortress that was once home to King Herod. Ascend the mountain and explore the fortress, learning the story of a group of zealots that managed to fend off the Roman army for seven years before committing mass suicide. The remains of the fortress, which include walls, Roman baths, mosaic tiles and a synagogue, continue to impress.
After your historical trip to the fortress, you will return to the Dead Sea and take the opportunity to float upon its saline-infused waters and bathe in its mineral-rich mud, which many believe contains therapeutic qualities. After feeling youthful again, you will return to your hotel.
*Important : From January 17 to 23, 2019, due to renovations at Masada, the visit to Masada will be replaced by Qumran and Ein Gedi reserve.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tour is operated by bilingual guides
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.