Small-group day tour to Loulé & Alte with cork factory guided visit
Small-group tour with a local guide for a genuine experience
Focus on culture and heritage rather than other ordinary tours
Brand new minivans with A/C and Wi-Fi
English, Spanish and Portuguese always available
Vast area for pick-up (Albufeira to Faro) - must be confirmed
Discover a hidden Algarve for a off-beaten track experience
Explore Loulé's historical center with its moorish influences and it's magnificent market
See a cork factory in a guided visit and learn about the manufacturing process and new uses of this material
Discover the best secret in the Algarve: Alte is considered the quaintest village in all the Algarve
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Small-group tour (up to 8 people max) and informal guide / driver
- Cork factory guided visit
- Pick-up and drop off at designated areas
- Live commentary on board
What's excluded :
- Cork factory Entrance Fee
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Loule, Loule, Faro District, Algarve
We start this magnificent full-day tour towards Loulé, a city that breathes history, with a past linked to the Arab civilization, something that is visible in the historical city center, the monuments and the traditional houses. Loulé has even more charm during the almond trees blooming season, from February to March, marking the end of winter.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mercado de Loule, Praca da Republica, Loule 8104-001 Portugal
Visit the market with its quality products coming from local producers or fresh fish. Also get to know the reasons that led Loulé to be one of the most important commercial centers in the country during the Discoveries period.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sao Bras de Alportel, Sao Bras de Alportel, Faro District, Algarve
Next we will visit a cork producer with a guided tour at the factory to learn the production process. Be surprised to learn that cork is used today for countless purposes, not just for bottle stoppers. Have you ever seen a hat or surfboard made of cork? Well these are just a few examples of what it can be done!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Alte, Alte, Faro District, Algarve
Alte is considered the most picturesque village in the Algarve, located between Barrocal and Serra do Caldeirão, surrounded by fields and tiled houses.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :1: 8500 Alvor, Portugal
2: 8500 Portimão, Portugal
3: 8400 Carvoeiro, Portugal
4: 8365 Armação de Pêra, Portugal
5: 8200 Albufeira, Portugal
6: Vilamoura, 8125 Quarteira, Portugal
7: 8125 Quarteira, Portugal
8: Faro, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide us your hotel:Pick-up and drop-off at hotels / housing units located only between Portimão and Faro coastal areas. Other locations will require further confirmation (on request only).
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Please contact the company at least 24 hours before the activity for exact pick-up location and time (normally between 08:00 AM to 08:45 AM).
- Hotel pick-up / drop-off at designated areas only (between Faro and Portimão - coastal areas)
- Please be reminded that there may be more than one language spoken during the tour (max. two languages).
- Please note that infants and children occupy a seat (available on request if advised at time of booking)
- Child rate applies only when accompanied by, at least, 1 paying adult.
- Maximum of 8 persons per vehicle.
- It's a good idea to wear tennis shoes or other appropriate footwear for the tour and bring along a bottle of water. In summer bring your sunscreen and in winter it gets very cold so make sure you bring a jacket.
- English and Portuguese are available all year round. French and Spanish ONLY ON REQUEST (according to availability).
- A minimum of 2 people and maximum of 8 people per booking is required: there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A considerable amount of walking is involved.
- In case of adverse weather conditions (e. g. heavy rain), the tour will not be canceled, unless there are warnings and alerts by official organisms.
- We are not responsible for any traffic congestion in the city, resulting from cultural, sport and religious events, or even demonstrations / strikes, etc. However we will always offer alternatives to avoid these situations; one of them is to change the pick-up and drop-off locations. Unfortunately, this may be transmitted without prior notice.
- * Starting from March 1st 2020 there will be some changes to this tour: Salir will NOT be included anymore.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Establishment with ‘Clean & Safe’ certificate. Vehicles are cleaned (vacuum, windows, dashboard, seats disinfected) every day. Reduction of the maximum allowed capacity according to current legislation and General Health Directorate recommendations. This allows greater distance between passengers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.