Slum Walk & Meal Tour in New Delhi
Educational and Venture off the tourist trail on this half-day walking tour of the Slum Colony and get a first-hand glimpse of life in a Delhi slum.
We would suggest that you take something to distribute among the people of slums in delhi however this is not the obligation.
Candies and other stuff is available near the pickup point too and you can also bring on your own.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Educational and Venture off the tourist trail on this walking tour of the Slum Colony and get a first-hand glimpse of life in a Delhi slum. Learn about the struggles of some of Delhi’s poorest inhabitants, and discover the rich culture and sense of community that has emerged among residents.Ever interested in how people survive and live their life in slums ? India is amazing, eye-opening and at times confronting, but I’ve not experienced anything quite like visiting to the Slums of Delhi.
Initially you may feel hesitant to visit the slums – the idea of walking though peoples homes felt very intrusive, especially when we considered the level of poverty that so many of these people experience. The last thing we wanted to do was to take advantage of them or to seek entertainment by sitting in on their daily lives.
I do not doubt that life in the slums is challenging…Poverty is not being made into a tourist attraction – you will engage with the local community and see their way of living being guided by a local. the slum called as a cluster of makeshift tents in an open field on the outskirts of Delhi On your Slum Walk I will take you through the maze of alleyways of their neighbourhood in one of Delhi’s slums. You'll meet the smiling children and Women sit outside washing clothes and cooking meals whilst children bathe in buckets.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Shastri Park Metro Station, Metro Vihar, Shastri Park, Jagjit Nagar, Delhi, 110053, India
Traveler pickup is offered
we provide pickup
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.