Slovenian Coast Day Trip from Ljubljana
The Slovenian coast is small but endearingly charming. This is the best day trip to visit the highlights of the Slovenian coast and its hinterland. Spend a day uncovering the scenic, cultural and historical delights of the Slovenian coast. Take in panoramic views of the Bay of Trieste from the clifftop Socerb Castle and see the famous Dance of Death fresco at Hrastovlje’s Church of the Holy Trinity. Then, wander the salt flats.
The last part of the tour is reserved for the most picturesque coastal town Piran and historical town Koper. In Piran you can walk through its narrow medieval streets wedged between beautiful houses, churches and squares and enjoy a "gelato" or a cup of coffee on the main square named after Giuseppe Tartini.
per adult from
10 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Central Ljubljana pickup and drop-off
- Comfortable transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional English speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Admission fees, meals and personal expenses.
- Admission options:
- Hrastovlje church: 3 € per person
- Marezige wine fountain
- Piran city wall: 2 € per person
- Entry/Admission - Hrastovlje Church of the Holy Trinity
- Entry/Admission - Secovlje Salina Nature Park
- Entry/Admission - Piran Town Walls
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Socerb Castle, Socerb 7, Crni Kal 6275 Slovenia
Socerb offers breathtaking views of the Slovenian coast and the Gulf of Trieste and since it is not known as one of the top attractions, you can enjoy the scenery undisturbed.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hrastovlje Church of the Holy Trinity, Hrastovlje 19a Koper, Hrastovlje 6275 Slovenia
Hrastovlje is a small village in Slovenian Istria, most famous for its 12th century Church of the Holy Trinity. It is one of the most beautiful cultural monuments in Slovenia, marked by amazing 15th century frescoes, among which you can find a precious motif of the "Dance of Death".
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Secovlje Salina Nature Park, Seca 115, Seca 6320 Slovenia
A visit of the Sečovlje salt fields is an essential part of any day trips to the Slovene coast, as you can learn about the traditional salt production and the balance that was established here between man and nature.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Piran Town Walls, Ulica IX. Korpusa 29, Piran Slovenia
Piran is a tourist highlight of the Slovenian coast, strongly influenced by the old Venetian Republic. Walk through its narrow medieval streets wedged between beautiful houses, churches and squares and enjoy the breeze that blows from the sea.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Koper City Beach, Kopalisko Nabrezje 1, Koper 6000 Slovenia
Koper is today the most important place on the Slovenian coast with an amazing Venetian town centre. Koper is also an important port and a popular stop for cruise ships, which makes it an ideal base for cruise ship shore excursions.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Adora Hotel // pedestrian zone, pick up place is Levstik squareLevstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Allegro Hotel // Pedestrian zone, pick up place is Levstik square Levstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa // Pedestrian zone, pick up place is French revolution squareTrg francoske revolucije 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Atelier hotel Vošnjakova ulica 8, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Atticus B&B // Closest pickup place: STIC (Slovenian Tourist Information Center), Krekov trg 10 Poljanska cesta 6, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Celica hostel Metelkova ulica 8, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Galleria Hotel // Pedestrian zone, pickup place is Levstik square (Levstikov trg)Levstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Grand Hotel Union // Pedestrian zone, pickup is in front of uHotel Tavčarjeva ulica 8a, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Lesar Hotel // Pedestrian zone, pickup place is Levstik square Gornji trg 7, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Levstik squareLevstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Meksiko Hotel Njegoševa cesta 6, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Mrak Hotel Rimska cesta 4, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Slon Best Western Premier Hotel // Limited access with vehicles, pickup place is uHotelMiklošičeva cesta 3, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.STIC (Slovenian Tourist Information Center), Krekov trg 10Krekov trg 10, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Trg Francoske revolucije, at the obeliskTrg francoske revolucije 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Guests are recommended to wear comfortable shoes and clothes.
- In the summertime, it is recommended to bring a swimming costume and a towel.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Small group tour - up to 8 people per van.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks are required during transfer.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.