Slave Routes & Market Pilgrimage Day Tour
This is a rare tour offering you very detailed education and experience on the infamous Trans-Atlantic Slave trade tracing it from three key slave sites at Anomabo, Assin Manso and Cape Coast. We also offer you a complimentary coffee and WiFi on board.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- All Fees and Taxes
- Fuel surcharge
- Entry/Admission - Cape Coast Castle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Anomabo, Anomabo, Western Region
We will take a tour here of the Ft. Williams and the historic suburbs of the Anomabo Township which was also a slave market for the group referred to as the "Ten Percenters"
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Assin Manso, Assin Manso, Central Region
Indulge yourself in the slave rituals performed here designed for you to connect with our slave ancestors. Take a walk on the ancestral path where slaves walked after an arduous journey spanning hundreds and thousands of miles on foot. Dip your feet in the ancestral lake in which they took their last bath ever in African waters and make a wish. On a good day you may see mysterious gold dust in the river. See the slave auction zone and the tombs of two slaves returned from the USA and Jamaica. End the tour here by having a rare privilege to write your name on the memorial wall of return for a token.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cape Coast Castle, Cape Coast Ghana
End the tours with an extensive and intriguing guiding tour of the Castle here. It is a UNESCO World Heritage site and the largest slave castle in the world alongside Elmina Castle.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from your hotel or apartment within Accra. If your location is outside Accra we can still pick you up but at an earlier time and extra cost.
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.