Skip-the-line Vatican Tour of Must-See Sites Sistine Chapel & St Peter Basilica
This is more than a whistle-stop tour of the Vatican. Join us on one of the most comprehensive half-day tours of the Vatican in the company of a local, expert guide. Visit the galleries and rooms of the Vatican Museums; the Galleries of Tapestries and Maps and Raphael’s Rooms as well as the colossal ancient Roman and Greek statues.
Visit the world-famous Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter’s Basilica.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Local guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Vatican City
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will meet with your guide at the entrance to the museums and with skip-the-line entry you bypass the waiting lines of tourists and after depositing your belonging s in the Vatican cloakroom, perhaps taking a comfort break before the tour starts, it is on to see the delights of this magnificent place. First on the itinerary is a visit to see the ancient Greek and Roman statues. These statues were collected from excavations throughout the city and became church property when the Pope’s ruled all of central Italy.
With your guide you will see the most famous and interesting of all of the artwork displayed in the museums; the Belvedere Apollo, the Torso, busts of Claudius and Hadrian and the sarcophagi of Helen and Constance, mother and daughter of the Emperor Constantine. The tour proceeds into the Room of Animals and the Gallery of Candelabra. Look down to see the precious Roman floor mosaics and stop for a while in front of the statues of Diana of Ephesus, the Muses and famous Greek philosophers.Next you will visit the Gallery of Tapestries, Gallery of Maps, the Sobiesky Rooms and the Raphael Rooms. The latter were painted by the young Raphael for Pope Julius II. They are a wonder of colors and symbols and hold two of his most famous masterpieces the Parnassus and the School of Athens.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Along the Vatican’s beautifully painted corridors you reach the Sistine Chapel. There is no talking allowed inside so your guide will tell you about the wonderful frescoes you will see once inside. Michelangelo’s Last Judgment, the Creation of Adam and the Genesis.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The tour ends in the grandest of all Catholic churches, Saint Peter’s Basilica. Here is another masterpiece by Michelangelo, his Pietà.
You also visit the tombs of past Popes including those of Pope John XXIII and John Paul II. Learn about the architecture of this magnificent building and some of the rituals and symbols that make this such a special place.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Finally you go outdoors to Saint Peter’s Square.
Your guide will reveal some curious facts about Bernini’s statues that surround the square and point out the balcony where you see the white smoke when a new Pope has been elected. The perfect end to a wonderful tour of the Vatican!
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- READ CAREFULLY: Because of the growing popularity of the current pope Francis and his intense activity in organising mass events in the Vatican some areas might get closed last minute without previous notice. This has already happened this year and can happen again during you Vatican tour: the Sistine chapel and/or the Basilica of Saint Peter might not be accessible. In case of such events our tour guide will provide you with a valuable alternative focusing the tour inside the Vatican museums.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.