Skip the line: Vatican Museums and Sistine chapel guided tour
In the unparalleled Vatican Museums, you will find a hoard of precious artwork that forms a collection of unrivaled importance and splendor.
You will be guided through the Pinacoteca Gallery, where you will admire works by Titian, Veronese, and Da Vinci as you hear about their secrets. The Chiaramonti Museum houses one of the largest collections of Roman portrait busts with over a thousand pieces displayed. In the Borgia Apartment, you will find works by the likes of Rodin and Dali as part of the Collection of Modern Religious Art. Then you will see the Pio-Clementino Museum, home to mosaics, sarcophagi, and the curious ‘stone zoo’ in the Hall of Animals.
Your last stop will be the Sistine Chapel, sublimely decorated by Michelangelo Buonarroti in the first half of the 16th century. His fresco of the Last Judgment is truly a wonder to behold, the sheer scale of it breathtaking.
Before you start, our multilingual staff will welcome you to our fully equipped, air-conditioned offices.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Licensed tour guide
- Skip the line ticket
- Recharging station for your mobile devices & Bathroom accesss
- Vending machine
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Discover the artistic treasures of the papal collection at the Vatican Museums. The papacy has amassed one of the largest art collections in the world, covering 2000 years of art history. Listen as your guide weaves tales of artistic genius over the centuries and selects the most impressive masterpieces to show you.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Discover the Sistine Chapel and Michelangelo’s famous frescoes to complete your Vatican Museums visit. Fresh from your guide’s explanation about Michelangelo’s incredible skill and legacy for the world of art, enter into the hushed silence of the holy chapel. Feel the reverential atmosphere around you as you gaze upwards at Michelangelo’s beautiful frescoes of biblical stories.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Via Germanico, 8, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Vatican Museums, 00120, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.