Skip the Line Vatican City Complete Tour: Sistine Chapel & St.Peter's
Did you know the Vatican Museums contain over nine miles of galleries? It is understandable that much of this magnificent artwork is overlooked. But, our expert English-speaking tour guide will make sure that you see it all on this extended tour of the Vatican Art Gallery, plus the Sistine Chapel, St Peter’s Basilica, and St. Peter’s Square. The tour itinerary has been planned to ensure that you don’t miss the most famous sights, and also to show you some things you never knew existed.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Local taxes
- Private tour
- Professional art historian guide
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Cortile della Pigna
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Square
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
First, you will head through the Gallery of Maps, Gallery of Tapestries, Gallery of the Candelabra, which leads to the renowned sculpture of Lacoon and his sons. Then, you’ll visit a real highlight of the Vatican Museums - the beautiful Raphael Rooms.
The Borgia Apartments are a standout on this tour. In the 15th century, these rooms were home to the infamous former cardinal Rodrigo Borgia (then Pope Alexander VI). As you study the family portraits, your guide will spill some of the secrets of one of the most renowned and most controversial papal families. There is a lot of history hidden within the paintings’ religious content that only an expert tour guide and point out. You will also peek into the scandalous lives of the Pope’s beautiful daughter Lucretia, and his son Cesare.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Cortile della Pigna, Vatican City Italy
he famous Fountain of the Pine is located in the Courtyard of the Pine. Designed by genius architect Bramante, it is one of the few Ancient Roman fountains that survives to this day.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
You will next head into Michelangelo’s world-famous Sistine Chapel. Before you enter, your guide will explain a bit about the frescoes, their meaning, and their significance. Michelangelo spent eight years of his life painting these wonderful frescoes – an incredible undertaking!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Next, the tour moves to St. Peter’s Basilica, which is one of the most important sites of the Christian world. Built over the tomb of St. Peter, it is the world’s largest Basilica. The sheer scale and architectural beauty will leave you in awe. It took over 120 years to complete, and many of the most skilled and respected craftsmen and artists from the Renaissance Period contribured to it. Michelangelo’s “La Pietà,” Bernini’s famous altar, and the chair of St. Peter, amongst many other spectacular treasures are housed here.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The tour concludes at St. Peter’s Square, surrounded by Bernini’s magnificent statues that line this wonderful square.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please leave the hotel name
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- READ CAREFULLY: Because of the growing popularity of the current pope Francis and his intense activity in organising mass events in the Vatican some areas might get closed last minute without previous notice. This has already happened this year and can happen again during you Vatican tour: the Sistine chapel and/or the Basilica of Saint Peter might not be accessible. In case of such events our tour guide will provide you with a valuable alternative focusing the tour inside the Vatican museums.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.