Skip-the-line Sistine Chapel Tour and Vatican City Private Tour
See the best of the Vatican City with this three hour private tour with an expert guide. You’ll benefit from pre-booked tickets so you won’t have to waste time in lengthy queues before touring the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter’s Basilica. Throughout the tour your guide will talk about the history of these iconic locations and tell you more about some of the artistic gems in the Vatican’s collections.
There is a choice of a 9:00AM or 2:00PM start for this tour, and one benefit of a private tour is that you can set your own pace, as well as be able to view some of the rooms in the museums which are not open to larger groups.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Private tour
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will meet your guide at the entrance of the Vatican museums and with pre-booked tickets you’ll begin the tour right away, visiting the Belvedere Courtyard, the Pio-Clementino Museum and the large collection of Ancient Roman and Greek statues.
You’ll move next through the Tapestries Gallery and then the Maps Gallery: one of the most valuable collections of Renaissance maps in the world. In the Sobiesky Room you'll see one of the Vatican’s largest paintings in addition to visiting the room of the Immaculate Conception, which is home to some beautiful frescoes.
One of the most enchanting stops on the tour is at Raphael’s Rooms. These rooms were decorated for Pope Julius II and house some of Raphael’s greatest works: the Parnassus and The School of Athens.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
As there is no talking allowed in the Sistine Chapel, before entering your guide will discuss the works of art you will see inside, including the mesmerising frescoes by Michelangelo, Botticelli and others on the walls and ceiling. Your guide will also share captivating anecdotes about the chapel, which is still in use today as the setting for the papal election: Conclave.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Next stop will be Saint Peter’s Basilica where you’ll see Michelangelo's Pietà and Bernini’s Baldacchino, along with many other masterpieces celebrating the lives of Popes and Saints.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The tour will end in Saint Peter’s Square where you can see the exterior of the papal palace as well as glimpse the colourful Swiss Guards.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- READ CAREFULLY: Because of the growing popularity of the current pope Francis and his intense activity in organising mass events in the Vatican some areas might get closed last minute without previous notice. This has already happened this year and can happen again during you Vatican tour: the Sistine chapel and/or the Basilica of Saint Peter might not be accessible. In case of such events our tour guide will provide you with a valuable alternative focusing the tour inside the Vatican museums.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.