Skip-the-Line Private Tour to St Petersburg State Hermitage Museum
Tick off the #1 must-see in St Petersburg with your private guide. Introduce yourself to 3 million works of art from the Stone Age to the present century.
The State Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg is recognized as the best museum in Russia and Europe.
The massive collection of the museum must be seen to be believed – it occupies five buildings along the Neva River. 350 rooms of the Hermitage sound very inspirational, until you know that you’d have to cover 20 kilometers.
And it’s estimated you’d need to spend 11 years to fully explore the museum. Let your knowledgeable guide do all the calculations and take you to the best collections and rooms in just 3 hours!
After the tour unleash your inner romantic and head along the banks of the Neva River for panoramic scene. The tour finishes at Palace Square. Take advantage of many secret bakeries and coffee shops around.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes
- Friendly local guide
- Private tour
- Meeting in the hotel
- Multiple start times available
- Unique lifetime experience
- Expert advice where to go and what to do after the tour
- Iconic places for photo shoot
- Flexible customizable itinerary
- Skip-the-line ticket to Hermitage
- Entry/Admission - The State Hermitage Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The State Hermitage Museum, Palace Emb., 30-38, St. Petersburg 191055 Russia
Timing is flexible and you can start the tour any time you prefer.
This tour can be customized to make it a unique experience for you. Your private local guide will meet you in the hotel lobby at about 10am and discuss the tour itinerary with you at the beginning of the tour.
10.30am Re-enact Renaissance period and get through the historical downtown of St Petersburg straight to the Hermitage, which has emerged as a private collection of Catherine II – a secret collection of 255 works by Dutch and Flemish artists.
They say it’s ridiculously good and you’ll see why – the Hermitage even has a separate room set aside for Rembrandt alone, which presents 24 paintings by the Dutch artist - the largest collection outside the Netherlands. This hall is ideal to fall in love with art as it’s considered to be a kind of museum in the museum. The majority of paintings here are exclusive masterpieces - "Flora", "Sacrifice of Abraham", "Prodigal Son", "Portrait of an Old Man in Red".
Hermitage is not only art heaven, but also a nice collection of unique legends and myths, which your guide will tell you about.
Here’s the list of what you will see on this tour:
Start with Winter Palace, then off to Small Hermitage, Old Hermitage, New Hermitage.
In Winter palace you will see Jordan staircase, Field Marshal's Room, Small Throne Room, Armorial Room, the Picket Room, Church, the War Gallery of 1812, the St George Room, the Western Gallery (art of the Western European Middle Ages), Pavilion Hall.
Get your smartphone ready for Soviet staircase, rooms of Italian art, foyer of the Hermitage Theatre, the Raphaël Loggias, the Majolika Room (Raphaël), the Italian Cabinet (Michelangelo).
Don’t get lost in the maze of endless rooms with millions of shades of art: the Small Italian Skylight Room, the Big Italian Skylight Room, the Small Spanish Skylight room, the Rembrandt Room, the Tent-Roofed Room, the Room of Netherlandish art of the late 16th and 17th century, the Room of French art of the 15th to 17th century, the Poussin Room, the Lorraine Room, the Room of French art of the 17th century, the Alexander Hall, the Room of French art of the 18th century,
Feel like a Princess/Prince Charming in these colorful and vibrant halls: the White Hall, the Gold Drawing Room, the Boudoir, the Crimson Study, the Blue Bedroom, the Dark Corridor, the Rotunda, the Small Dining Room, the Malachite Room, the Concert Hall, the Romanov Portrait Gallery, Jordan Staircase.
1.00pm Finish the tour at some place in downtown or get back to your hotel. Your friendly local guide will discuss options with you on tour.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Nevsky Prospekt, Nevsky Avenue, St. Petersburg 191025 Russia
Get amazed with the views of Nevsky Prospekt the main street of the Northern Capital of Russia
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Lobby of your hotel. Please provide the exact name and address of your hotel.Your guide will meet you at your centrally-located hotel, hostel or vacation rentalYou don't need to call to confirm the tour. The local supplier will contact you via email
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Private walking tour
- Please indicate prefer start time in comments when booking
- The tour can be modified to meet your preferences
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We are serious about taking extra precautions to stop the spread of this virus by practicing regular hand washing and sanitization. We practice social distancing measures through providing private tours only.This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.