Skip the Line: Palau de la Música Self-Guided Tour
Visit with a downloadable audio guide on your mobile device with explanations, images, music, video and electricity from a concert night in 360º.
Enter a miracle: the World Heritage site by UNESCO Palau de la Música Catalana. An architectural gem, a symbolic center of the city and country, and a temple of music. The itinerary through the Lluis Domènech i Montaner building will take you through the emblematic access stairs to the hall, the modernist encyclopaedia that is the Sala Millet, the burst of light, shape and color of the stands and, until and all, to go up to the same stage where music legends have made history.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Catalan Music
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Visit: Palace of Catalan Music, Carrer Palau de la Musica, 4-6, 08003 Barcelona Spain
Choose the departure time most convenient for you, then meet your guide at the Palau de la Música Catalana in La Ribera. One of the most popular concert halls in Barcelona, the UNESCO-listed Palau de la Música Catalana is a masterpiece of Art Nouveau architecture.
Head directly inside with your skip-the-line ticket, and begin your guided tour in the Rehearsal Hall of the Orfeó Catala. Learn how the foundation stone was laid here in 1905, and watch a 15-minute clip about the building’s history as well as society in the early 20th century.
Next, feast your eyes on the elaborate staircases that lead up to the second floor. Study the lavish tiling that covers the underside, then peer through the unusual glass balusters that support the marble banisters as you ascend the stairs.
Find yourself bathed in light as you enter the Lluís Millet Hall, which features floor-to-ceiling windows that look out onto the balcony colonnade of the main façade. Gaze out at the pillars that are decorated with intricate mosaics depicting flowers in a tribute to nature.
Your final stop is the Concert Hall. Be overcome with awe as you step into this magnificent hall. Look around you at the massive panes of stained glass that are set in arches along the walls, then turn your attention to the room’s centerpiece: a large skylight in the shape of an inverted dome.
As you tour the auditorium with your guide, learn about the Catalan architects responsible for the décor, including Eusebi Arnau, Pau Gargallo, Lluís Bru and Antoni Rigalt.
After around an hour, your tour concludes near the Palau de la Música Catalana’s exit.
Photos provided by Matteo Vecchi.
Departure Point :Palace of Catalan Music, Carrer Palau de la Musica, 4-6, 08003 Barcelona Spain
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 55 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Continuous ventilation of spaces, leaving doors open (except firewalls) for facilitate air renewal and to touch the handles as little as possible. Placing informative posters on hygienic measures. Ozone-type disinfection machines. Sanitizing mats at the entrances to the Palau to disinfect shoes.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.