Ski Trekking Safari in Lapland
Explore the breathtaking scenery of Lapland on backcountry skis, designed to let you glide over the deep snow in style and to live an experience that you will long remember. There is no better way to explore untouched parts of the Arctic nature than backcountry skiing and leave your own track in the deep snow where no-one has been before you!
Sticking to our philosophy, all our tours and activities are limited to small groups (8 guests/tour max) in order to get the best and most memorable experience of Lapland. We refuse mass tourism, and you will never end up in big groups -even in peak season!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Winter Clothing
- Winter Boots
- All Fees and Taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private transportation
- Ski gears
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
There is no better way to explore untouched parts of the Arctic nature than backcountry skiing! As your professional guide will take you straight into the Taiga forest, you will get the chance to enjoy some of the breathtaking scenery of Lapland using backcountry skis and leave your own track in the deep snow where no-one has been before you!
Backcountry skiing is a great way to explore remote areas of Lapland. Unlike alpine skiing or cross-country skiing, that are practiced on groomed trails, backcountry skiing allows you for a more adventurous trip through hilly terrains, forests and lakes. Like snowshoeing, it does not require much practice to get used to the techniques and slide on deep snow. This makes it very comfortable and easy to use, even for beginners!
Your guide will choose a location that best fits the level and the needs of the group. They will also teach you some safety instructions/techniques how to use the skis on fresh snow. Refreshments and a typical Finnish barbecue snack will be provided around an open fire.
This ski tour lasts 3 hours, including transportation from/to Rovaniemi, barbecue snack and the skiing time (around 1h - 1h30 depending on your level).
• Lapland, Lapland
Departure Point :Kansankatu 14, 96100 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups commence prior to the start time. We will inform you about your pick-up time at least one day before the activity.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.