Skagway Shore Excursion: Chilkoot Trail Hike and Float Tour
The Chilkoot Hike and Float Tour is an active, family-oriented hiking adventure along the world famous Chilkoot Trail. This wilderness hike takes place in the heart of the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park and is Skagway's most affordable hiking and rafting adventure tour.
When your cruise ship docks, depart Skagway for a 10-mile (16 km) van tour along the coastline to the Chilkoot Trail trailhead and then enjoy 1.5 to 2 hours of hiking and 45 minutes on the raft. Have your camera ready for occasional wildlife sightings both on land and in the water.
per adult from
What's included :
- Chilkoot trail hike and float tour
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Skagway Float Tours
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park Visitor Center, 291 Broadway, Skagway, AK 99840
Chilkoot Trail is in National Park and Taiya River Float is through the National Park
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Skagway Float Tours, 299 Broadway, Skagway, AK 99840
Chilkoot Trail Hike and Float tour with Skagway Float Tours
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Chilkoot Trail, Alaska
Hike first 2 miles of historic Chilkoot Trail.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Departure Point :Port of Skagway, Skagway, AK 99840, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please see voucher for details regarding your departure point
- Please note: this is an active tour, so it is recommended to be in good physical condition and wear sturdy walking shoes with good traction
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Maximum per raft/group is 11
- Minimum age is 5
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- No Joint problems or balance issues
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.