Skaftafell Ice Cave and Glacier Hike - Extra Small Group
Smallest group size of all nearby operators - maximum 8 persons in a group.
4x4 transport - We drive as close as possible to the glacier in our modified Land Rover Defender.
Certified guides - all our guides have a certification from AIMG (Association of Icelandic Mountain Guides).
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Use of all required glacier equipment
What's excluded :
- Clothing / Hiking boots
- Bathroom fee at Skaftafell Terminal (200 isk)
Note (Oct.2020): This year the only accessible ice cave in the area is a tiny cave called The Blueberry. Due to the size of this cave this year we are offering it at a reduced price.
The perfect winter combination, an ice cave tour and a glacier hike. The tour will start at Skaftafell Terminal Tour Center, there you will meet your glacier guide and receive all the required glacier gear. After the short introduction we will head into our 4x4 truck, a modified Land Rover Defender which will take us as close as possible to the glacier edge. When we arrive at the glacier, your guide will teach you how to wear the crampons and helmet. Your guide will then go over a quick safety briefing before heading out on the ice. The glaciers are constantly moving and changing and therefore no tour is the same. The ice cave we visit will be used by the other companies in the area as well. We always try our absolute best to time our visits to the caves so no other groups are in there as well.
• Vatnajokull National Park, Vatnajokull National Park, East Region
Departure Point :Skaftafell Terminal - Tour Center, Flugvallarvegur 5, 785 Öræfi, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.