Sintra Pena Palace and Convent of the Capuchos
Visit two fascinating sites in Sintra on this day trip from Lisbon. First, see the Pena National Palace for a look at the opulent and romantic 'palacio' on a forested hill. Then continue further back in time to the 16th-century Convent of the Capuchos, an unforgettable place not often frequented by tourists. Entrance fees and lunch are your own expense, but round-trip hotel transport is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrances in monuments
- Entry/Admission - Park and National Palace of Pena
- Entry/Admission - Convento dos Capuchos
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Park and National Palace of Pena, Estrada da Pena, Sintra 2710-609 Portugal
Pena Palace is the greatest expression of the Romantic style in the architecture in Portugal and attracts thousands of tourists for its unique beauty.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Convento dos Capuchos, Rua de Sao Pedro Parques de Sintra, Colares 2705-157 Portugal
The Convent of the Friars Minor Capuchin, popularly known as the Convent of the Capuchos (Portuguese: Convento dos Capuchos), but officially the Convento de Santa Cruz da Serra da Sintra (Convent of the Holy Cross of the Sintra Mountains), is a historical convent consisting of small quarters and public spaces located in the civil parish of São Pedro de Penaferrim, in the municipality of Sintra. Its creation was associated with the Portuguese Viceroy of India, D. João de Castro, and his family, but became a pious community of reclusive clergy that continued to occupy cramp humble spaces in the complex, until the religious orders were abolished in Portugal.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cascais Marina, Avenida Rei Humberto II de Italia Casa de S. Bernardo, Cascais 2750-800 Portugal
The Cascais Marina, in Cascais, Portugal, is the largest marina on the Portuguese Riviera and the third largest marina in the country.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port - Jardim do Tabaco Quay, Doca Jardim do Tabaco Terminal de Cruzeiros de Lisboa, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, 1100-651 Lisboa, Portugal
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.