Sintra, Pena Palace and Cascais Half-Day Trip from Lisbon
Enjoy a half-day trip from Lisbon to Sintra to see one of Portugal’s most popular attractions, the massive, gorgeous Pena Palace (Palácio da Pena), perfectly located on top of a hill. You will explore the romantic architecture of the palace and learn interesting facts about Portuguese history. Then visit Cabo da Roca (March to October only), the westernmost point in mainland Europe, and pass in Cascais, a beautiful little town full of beaches.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entrance fees to the Pena Palace
- Yellow Bus Discount Book (Discounts on tickets to monuments, museums and leisure activities)
- 10% discount when purchasing other Yellow Bus ticket (every tour in every city)
- Guided tour
- Entry/Admission - Park and National Palace of Pena
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- From Lisbon, head west to Sintra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and so-called fairytale town due to its hills, palaces and villas.
Your guide will lead you on a 1,5-hour tour through the famous Pena Palace (Palácio da Pena), a whimsical Romanticist palace that dates back to the 1840s and was a monastery and summer residence of Portuguese kings and queens. Admire the Victorian and Edwardian furniture and the beautiful, detailed decor. See the majestic ballroom and imagine the aristocrats who once danced there in grand dresses and suits. Sneak a peek in the Arab Room, where tremendous paintings cover the walls and ceiling. Then take a walk through the Pena Park and enjoy the royal air while you see the huge variety of trees and exotic plants.
You'll have 30 minutes of free time in Sintra. Spend them by either visiting the Sintra National Palace (Palácio da Vila) or enjoying a cup of good coffee with typical pastries such as “travesseiros” or “queijadas de Sintra”.
Continue your tour to Cabo da Roca (March to October only), a dramatic cliff famous for being Europe's westernmost point. Enjoy the 20-minute break and take pictures of the beautiful landscape and the cape’s small lighthouse.
Departure Point :Praça do Comércio, 1100-148 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with mobility problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.