Sintra Food Tour with Lunch & Wine Tasting
This is a must-do tour for foodies! In this tour we will focus on sample tasting of the exceptional gastronomy we can find in this region.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup (or nearest location possible) only in certain areas of Lisbon city center. It may be required to get to a meeting point for pick-up.
- Drop-off at 2 centrally located points: Restauradores square / Marquês de Pombal
- Minivan small-group tour (8 people max.)
- Informal local guide
- Driver (not the guide)
- 2 wine tastings and guided visit inside local wine cooperative
- Local pastry
- Lunch - 2-course lunch
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sintra, Sintra, Sintra Municipality, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
As we leave Lisbon behind, we go to Sintra village center for our first tasting: a ‘travesseiro’, essentially a delicious sweet made of soft pastry and filled with egg and almond cream. Get to know why the pastry confectionery is so dear to the Portuguese while you stroll around the town center.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Colares, Colares, Sintra Municipality, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
From Sintra we go to Colares, just 8 km away, for a wine tasting at the Adega Regional de Colares. It’s the oldest wine cooperative in the country (founded in 1931) and it gathers more than 50% of the total production. It also plays an important role in the local economy. This wine house boasts a dazzling interior because of the size and number of casks it houses. That is where the ageing process takes place. Besides the wine tasting and samplings, you can also take a guided tour inside to see the process, its history and how these wines have such a distinctive flavor.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Azenhas do Mar, Azenhas do Mar, Sintra Municipality, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
After lunch, we cross the Sintra mountains all the way to the coastline and have a scenic drive along the dramatic village of Azenhas do Mar, and the and beach & surf destination of Guincho.
Pass By: Guincho Beach, Parque Natural Sintra-Cascais, Cascais Portugal
Popular beach next to Cascais.
Stop At: Cascais, Cascais, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
Before heading back to Lisbon, we have one more stop, in the Cascais bay area. Time for one final tasting and wander around this quaint little village.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Lisbon, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide us your HotelPick-up at your hotel (or nearest location possible) only in certain areas of the city (center). It may be required to get to a standard pick-up point (i.e Mercado da Ribeira or Saldanha areas). Parque das Nações area is not available for pick-up. Please note that you may have to walk a short distance from your accommodation to be picked up.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :1: Restauradores Square, Praça dos Restauradores, 1250-096 Lisboa, Portugal
2: Marquis of Pombal Square, Praça Marquês de Pombal, Lisboa, Portugal
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please contact the company at least 24 hours before the activity for exact pick-up location and time (normally between 08:00 AM to 08:45 AM).
- Pick-up at your hotel (or nearest location possible) only in certain areas of the city (center). It may be required to get to a standard pick-up point (i.e Mercado da Ribeira or Saldanha areas). Parque das Nações area is not available for pick-up.
- Please note that you may have to walk a short distance from your accommodation to be picked up.
- Drop off (done in only two locations: Restauradores square or Marquês de Pombal).
- Please be reminded that there may be more than one language spoken during the tour (max. two languages).
- English, Spanish and Portuguese are available all year round. French, Italian, Russian and Romanian ONLY ON REQUEST (according to availability).
- Please note that infants and children occupy a seat.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- Child rate applies only when accompanied by, at least, 1 paying adult.
- Maximum of 8 persons per vehicle.
- It's a good idea to wear tennis shoes or other appropriate footwear for the tour and bring along a bottle of water. In summer bring your sunscreen and in winter it gets very cold so make sure you bring a jacket.
- A minimum of 2 people and maximum of 8 people per booking is required: there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- In case of adverse weather conditions (e. g. heavy rain), the tour will not be canceled, unless there are warnings and alerts by official organisms.
- We are not responsible for any traffic congestion in the city, resulting from cultural, sport and religious events, or even demonstrations / strikes, etc. However we will always offer alternatives to avoid these situations; one of them is to change the pick-up and drop-off locations. Unfortunately, this may be transmitted without prior notice.
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Establishment with ‘Clean & Safe’ certificate. Vehicles are cleaned (vacuum, windows, dashboard, seats disinfected) every day. Reduction of the maximum allowed capacity according to current legislation and General Health Directorate recommendations. This allows greater distance between passengers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.