Sintra by Train from Lisbon
The magical and charming town of Sintra has been for centuries the summer retreat of Portuguese royalty and nobility, and achieved international acclaim in the XIX Century Romantic period. I will guide you through a carefully chosen selection of monuments and sites over the course of four hours. The goal is to experience why this Unesco World Heritage Site has proved to be so captivating for lovers, royals and storytellers on the past centuries.
We'll meet at Lisbon's central Rossio Station and together, we'll take the train out to Sintra. This has been, and still is, my favorite way to reach and explore Sintra, avoiding traffic jams and parking problems. It is also more sustainable. After the 4 hours walk, you may choose to return to Lisbon, or spend the rest of your day in Sintra. I will then share my local knowledge and suggest tips for food and explain the best way to explore Pena Palace, the Moorish Castle, Monserrate Palace, or Cabo da Roca.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Fully Guided Tour, including inside Monuments
- Accident and liability insurance
What's excluded :
- Train Ticket to Sintra (both ways) - 5€
- Monuments fees are not included (National Royal Sintra Palace - 9€ / Quinta da Regaleira - 10€).
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sintra, Sintra, Sintra Municipality, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
.We will meet at 08. 45h at Rossio Train Station. First stop is at National Palace of Sintra, the best-preserved medieval royal residence in Portugal. We'll marvel at the mix of architectural styles (Moorish, Manueline and Mudéjar to name but a few) and learn about the different warriors and kings who have called the palace home across the centuries.
We will then have a coffee break and time to taste the famous Sintra pastries. I know where to get the best ones.
The second walk will be at Quinta da Regaleira, and we will discover probably the most mysterious garden and palace in Europe. A place full of symbols which refers to the Knights Templars, Alchemy, Greek Mythology and more.
We will finish around 13h,
Now that you have a better understanding of Sintra's history and mysticism, I will give you suggestions on how to spend the rest of your day at this unique town.
Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Estação de Comboios Restauradores Lisboa, Praça Dom Pedro IV, 1100-202 Lisboa, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Estação de Comboios Restauradores Lisboa, Praça Dom Pedro IV, 1100-202 Lisboa, Portugal
Return Detail :Quinta da Regaleira, R. Barbosa du Bocage 5, 2710-567 Sintra, Portugal
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Monuments fees must be paid with credit card / Contactless
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.