Singapore: Private Little India Walking Tour
Get a thrilling crash course in the sites, sounds and smells of vibrant Little India, one of Singapore’s most colourful and exciting neighborhoods, on this private half-day tour. Discover the fascinating history of Indians in the city, taste the best of their mouth-watering cuisine, visit a truly beautiful Hindu temple and get a local’s lowdown on the best things to see and do here. This mystical, multi-sensory experience is not to be missed!
per adult from
What's included :
- Local, English-speaking guide
- Local food such as thosai, vadai and roti prata plus
- Non-alcoholic beverage of your choice
- Entry/Admission - Farrer Park MRT
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Farrer Park MRT, Rangoon Rd, Singapore
Your private Little India tour will begin with your local guide giving you the lowdown on the surrounding area and its multi-faceted history.
After putting the area into context, it’s time to explore! As we make our way through this ethnic neighbourhood you’ll see a mix of traditional trade shops and designer boutiques and hip eateries.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple, 141 Serangoon Road, Singapore 218042 Singapore
We’ll stop at the splendid Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple to admire its stunning design and intricate external carvings. Your guide will also spend some time teaching you about the complexities and colourful customs of the Hindu religion to which it belongs.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Buffalo Road, Buffalo Rd, Singapore
We’ll take a stroll around streets with curious names such as Buffalo Street and learn why it earned that moniker. As we meander, we’ll take in the vivid street culture and pass bustling markets and a dizzying array of shopping options.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Little India, Little India, Singapore
You’ll then see first-hand what it takes to assemble one of the intricate flower garlands that you see all over Little India, what their significance is and the varieties of flower that are used.
We at Urban Adventures firmly believe that to fully understand a culture, you need to taste its cuisine, so without further ado, we’re going to take you to our favourite restaurant to try several different Indian dishes that are sure to delight your taste buds!
Our tour ends here but before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for more tips on what else to see, do and eat in sensational Singapore!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Farrer Park MRT, Rangoon Rd, Singapore
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and clothes that are appropriate for the weather
- We can accommodate vegetarians and some other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.